A few tap handle labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
I rarely bottle anymore but I regularly make labels for my tap handles. I puchased several tap handles off ebay with oval faces. I went to Home Depot and bought some galvenized sheet metal, cut it into ovals and glued to the tap faces. I print my labels on magnetic photo paper so that when I change out a keg all I have to do is pull the magnetic label off and replace it with the new label. My wife is out of town and took the camera. when she returns I'll post some pictures of the actual taps. (I added toppers with my brewery logo). Until then, here are some label designs.

Bing Dubbel Gluhkriek is a Spiced Cherry Dubbel with 4 lbs of Bing Cherries, 6 lbs of Tart Montmorency Cherries, Piloncillo sugar, cinnamon, clove and star anise. I added 2 oz. of med. toast French Oak Cubes to the keg. It's been conditioning for 3 months and will tap on December 9th.

Bing Tap Label.jpeg

Bogart Barley Wine is the first beer in my Tough Guy Series. These beers will all be high gravity styles.

Bogart.jpeg

Cagney Imperial Red. No. 2 in the Tough Guy series. No. 3 in the series is Edward G. Robinson (Baltic Porter) and No. 4 is George Raft (Oak Aged Bourbon Imperial Stout)

Cagney Tap.jpeg

Edmund Gwenn Grand Cru is brewed in the style of a Belgian Dubbel. After primary fermentation, I racked into the secondary and pitched a Brettanomyces yeast strain added 2 oz French Oak Cubes and aged 1 year. Tapped this at Christmas last year and it was wonderful.

Edmund Gwenn.jpeg

Red Ryder Winter Ale. Named of course after the Holiday Classic A Christmas Story. This is a big, dark, hop monster. OG: 1.106 FG: 1.012 IBU: 104 ABV: 12.5%

Red Ryder Tap.jpeg

And just a couple more.

The Yankee Drifter Golden Ale is a beer I brewed in tribute to my father who passed away a year and a half ago. That's him on the label. Yankee Drifter was his CB radio handle

Yankee drifter tap label.jpeg

White Heat is an Imperial Belgian Style Wit

White Heat Label.jpeg

They are awesome! I love it when people carry a theme through there labels and I have to say that the tough guy series is a great idea! I hope you won't be offended if I ever steal it!

I love the idea of making bar tap labels rather than bottle ones, another reason why I need to hurry up and get into kegging!

Brewtopia said:
...I puchased several tap handles off ebay with oval faces. I went to Home Depot and bought some galvenized sheet metal, cut it into ovals and glued to the tap faces. I print my labels on magnetic photo paper so that when I change out a keg all I have to do is pull the magnetic label off and replace it with the new label.

What a great idea! I didn't even know they made magnetic photo paper. I think I'm going to have to steal your procedure.

Oh, the labels are nice looking too!

Back