Have you made any deliciously hoppy beers without dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
We beer nuts love very hoppy beers. Beers that have lots of hop bitterness, lots of hop flavor and lots of hop aroma. Is it really necessary to dry hop to get that great hoppy flavor and aroma without the extra hassle and cleanup of dry hopping? or can those qualities be achieved during the brew day process?

OTOH Smell informs your taste. It's worth 12 points on a BJCP scoresheet. Taste is 20 and Overall Impressions are 10.

Something to think about.

I made a very nice IPA and didn't dry hop. I did put hops in at the end of the boil though. It was one of the best beers that I have made to date. Nice and bitter, great flavor and wonderful aroma. It was right around 7.5 and kicked you in the dirst but it was great. Flame out hops work for aroma very well just my 2 cents

I would first wort hop and up the flame out hop additions. Those can both add flavor and aroma to your beer without a dry hop.

Latest posts

Back