Beer Alchemy iPad - Get downloaded recipes into BA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewvic

Reaction score
Hi All.

I downloaded some Beer Alchemy files to my ipad, but I can't figure out how to get them into the software.

The 'Import' seems to allow importing from other computers - not from the iPad itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DS

Dave, to import a recipe into BA on the iPad, you must go through the process of starting the "web server" from the app by choosing "Import". That window will have to stay active and not closed. It will give you an address to type into your web browser and must be typed exactly as presented on your iPad, including the "port number", ie: http://192.168.0.13:12345

Once you type in the address from your web browser, you'll get a window to "browse", here you select the files, and only .bar, .rec and .xml files are supported. Warning, some .rec files will not be imported correctly and will not show up in BA on the iPad. Also, make sure your computer and iPad are on the same home network.

Jim

Back