Happiness is a full trap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
24b5kt1.jpg

And almost none in the front yard's trap.

Bees? what attracts them?

We get those "killer bees" around here and every once in a while they'll swarm into a ball in a tree at my house. Usually they take off in 1/2 day or so. If they don't I harass them from my truck with the window cracked and a couple cans of wasp spray :cross:

These are "yellow jackets" and it uses a phermone lure. Very species specific. Wish they made one for mud wasps.

My MIL (mother in law) is RABID about Japanese beetles and her plants... She got traps similar to yours David and man oh man... full of the little buggers.... She even bought the traps for me and my brother in law (BIL? LOL) They did eat the hell out of one of my trees but I wasn't that worried about it. Especially since we had that stretch around 100 degrees here for a week I really haven't noticed the little buggers that much....

Bees however...

Execute as many as ya can.... yellowjackets love to nest in the timberwall next to my garage. And unlike wasps they are NOT kind when you get near them... Wasps generally ignore you if you live there... (nest in my shutters near my back slider, totally leave us alone) Yellowjackets however just suck... I see em' I kill... (yeah they got me GOOD last fall....)

Ize

Latest posts

Back