So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting in some work this weekend. Brewing for a big party and I have three 11 gallon batches and one 6 gallon batch planned for this weekend, so two per day. Pretty much all weekend dedicated to brewing so wish me luck!

Putting in some work this weekend. Brewing for a big party and I have three 11 gallon batches and one 6 gallon batch planned for this weekend, so two per day. Pretty much all weekend dedicated to brewing so wish me luck!

Good luck!! You will be in need of a weekend to recover from your weekend.

I am making it 8 straight weekends brewing... Whew. Gonna make a California common, or my best recipe, for the 3rd time this year!

Then I am hibernating...

Got a brew planned for Sunday. I'm calling it Breakfast in Belgium. It'll be a rather standard Belgian Dark Strong with coco nibs, maple syrup, honey and chocolate coffee beans.

Brewing Monday,.a rye saison that will be blended with my all-lactose sour rye saison onto peaches and raspberries.

Brewing sunday. My homebrew club is having a octoberfest contest. Everyone had to pick a german style. I picked maibock but i will be turning half into a Eisbock. Hope it ready by then.

Today was the best brew day I've had in a long time.
93% mash efficiency. No crazy mishaps. Just straight brewing beer.

1.051 pale ale/Brett pale ale split batch

20170722_151430.jpg

I just put 15 gals of American Lager in the fermenter, kegged 15 gals of red, kegged 15 gals of pale ale, cleaned the rig, cleaned all the kegs and fermenters, and smoked a roast. Time for a break and a beer.

Just got a bit under 4 gal of California common first runnings. Sparging now with 4 more gallons.

We're off to Oregon Brewfest on Friday for my birthday (yes I will be taking notes on what I may want to try to brew myself!), and I've been instructed, nay, ordered, to brew this Sunday. Going to go off the sheet with a recipe I completely made up myself, a golden ale with raspberries after primary to make something that will taste like a raspberry scone. I've got some solid advice from people here and hope this one will be great. Just need to make a quick trip for the adjunct grains and it's on like donkey kong.

A take on Dogfish 120 is going down on Friday, starter is in the works as I type.

I ordered 3 more kegs, another chronical, and the brewpi v3. On top of having the week off of work, it'll be a great brewing time!

Going to brew the BCS Uncommonly Lucky California Common. Going to switch the 1 min hop addition from Northern Brewer to Cascade, which is idea I got from Martin B. And Mr Malty himself approved of this plan. Really name dropping today :D

We lost our 9 year old English Bulldog this week so I'm making an English IPA and calling it Bulldog Slobber in his honor.

If you're familiar with the bread you'll understand the name!

View attachment 408857

Sorry for your loss. I've got two "senior citizens" myself, a 17 year old cat that we've had for 16 years and an 11 year old Welsh Corgi/Yellow lab mix. When they cross the bridge I'm definitely going to need to brew something to get my mind off the grief and have something in their honor. Black IPA for the cat (she's black and her name is India) and something light and tasty for the dog, using something Slavic like Saaz as her name is Sasha. Now I'm sad. But your dog looks like it was a cutie.

Sorry for your loss. I've got two "senior citizens" myself, a 17 year old cat that we've had for 16 years and an 11 year old Welsh Corgi/Yellow lab mix. When they cross the bridge I'm definitely going to need to brew something to get my mind off the grief and have something in their honor. Black IPA for the cat (she's black and her name is India) and something light and tasty for the dog, using something Slavic like Saaz as her name is Sasha. Now I'm sad. But your dog looks like it was a cutie.

Thanks!

Hope you don't have to make those beers anytime soon!!

I have brewed a couple of memorial beers for my departed animals. It's just a great​way to be remember and honor them.

So sorry for your loss Murphy...

Post-fermentation pipeline is full, gotta do something that can do some time in the fermentors 'til consumption catches back up to brewing.
So a 10 gallon batch of 1.107 og chocolate stout is happening Sunday (SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! ;))

I love doing this recipe - right up to where I have to lug the MLT out to the compost pile. Woof...

Cheers!

Almost ready to sparge. I usually brew early morning but am doing an evening brew due to my child's swim meet. Pretty excited to brew at night.

Brewed first time on my upgraded rig today. No sparge 4 life. Takes about 1/4 of the total brew day workload away for a minor loss of efficiency.

About 6 minutes left before whirlfloc addition on my Raspberry Golden Ale, then 30 more minutes in the boil before flameout. On good advice, didn't add any fruit to the boil, will add it after 5 days of fermentation with some dried orange peel for more flavor. Went to Oregon Brewfest this weekend and had a LOT of great beer, also got really pi**ed at Amtrak for their train being 4+ hours late, getting us home about 11:30PM instead of the 8pm we were planning on. Next year will just drive like we have before. Walked a LOT as well.

Brewing a Belgian Pale Ale today. Still working on the recipe, but here's what I have so far:

70% 2 Row
15% Wheat
7% Munich 10
5% Victory
3% Aromatic
Hallertauer Trad @ 60 & 1
Sterling @15
WY 1214

Latest posts

Back