two kegging questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinoisbuck

Reaction score
have a couple questions for the "experts" on here
1}Bought a cheap stand up freezer from a friend and looks like the "cooling element is actually built into the shelves, and looks like the only way to make it work into a keezer would be to bend them up/down and dont think this is possible without kinking or screwing them up in some way. has anybody made this work before?
2}kegged up a stout tonight and hit it with 30 psi and realized without the keezer really no way to keep it cold so put it in the basement in the coldest corner which is about 55-60 degrees. i know it is recommended to force carb at serving temperature, but this is all i have for now. should i leave it for a few days and then dial it down to 12psi and then cool(i will have a new fridge/chest freezer by then)or what other recommendations do you pros have for me?
thanks in advance for helping out a rookie.

I am no Kegging Pro buck..I cannot help you with question 1...

But on 2...Force Carbonation Chart - Kegerators.com you can try that

...or warm up 1 1/2 cups water add 4-5 oz suger stir up good ..let cool a bit add to keg do a mellow stir..reseal keg do another purge and let that sit at 70ish if you can

Edit 4-5 oz might be a tad much depending on the level of Carb you are looking for

Back