Big Partigyle party?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberwollf

Reaction score
anyone do this? Have one rig with keggles. Mash 35ish pounds of 2 row and fly sparge to get max eff. Then split off the runnings for +3 people to boil their own recipe. Of course you'd have to work out the math on batch sizes to get the correct OGs.

One guy could steep crystal and carapils for APA/IPA
one guy could make a bitter... etc

Pretty much just mass wort production then everyone steeps specialties like an extract batch. sounds like a fun afternoon

good luck. not sure what you have for a rig. did a 3 beer gyle by myself not long ago. the help i had was no help so i did alot solo. keeping track of 3 beers at once is no fun at all. drinking them later however is alot of fun.

problem is large enough container to collect all runnings and then split evenly in 3(proper mix if u will) I had planned 3 different beers with my 35lb grainbill. 1st runnings belgian quad. 2nd runnings dubbel. 3rd runnings a wit.

hope u have better helpers than i did. myself and one other worked while 9 others drank my beer. lol

Mine would be 3 all grain brewers. Just one big mash to start. THeyed bring their own burners and BKs

again with the space question. if doing 5g batches you need something to hold 21g of wort in if all are going to get equal gravity runnings. unless they are ag brewers as well and bring a mashtun just for holding wort. again i loved the beers that came from my gyle just not the work. On that note im doing another soon. lol. so run with it have fun.

Btw what u have in mind for recipe?

Back