What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you far from the city? If you aren't and you haven't been, you are crazy my friend. They are throwing the Midwest Belgian Beer Fest next month and there is an amazing lineup coming. (Hill Farmstead, Wicked Weed, Side Project, Perennial, Cigar City, Crooked Stave, and so many more)

Sent from the Bat Cave

I'm in St. Charles, but I'm in the city for work somewhat often. I had a buddy up from Columbia a few weeks ago and we went to Urban Chestnut and 4 Hands. We were planning on dropping by Perennial, but didn't make it.

Good stuff. Hope I can drag someone out there this weekend. I'll definitely check out the fest; sounds amazing.

All this Stout Float talk got me in the mood for some malt. Bell's Porter.

How would you get the inside of this flask clean without ruining the leather casing?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403833134.376506.jpg

Fins, I just noticed that I have a Long Strange Tripel sitting at room temp still. This thing benefit from time? I am no expert on Belgian strongs. This was good, though, I thought it was similar to Dragonmead Final Absolution.

This sucks I'm sitting at work drinking water and everyone else is drinking beer. I've got at least another 2 hours before I can have one.
Quick question...I was going to put some of my DIPA, that I brewed last weekend, in a growler and throw in the dregs from a bottle of saison brett to see what happens. Is there a right or wrong way to do it? Or do you just dump it in? I've never tried using dregs before.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fins, I just noticed that I have a Long Strange Tripel sitting at room temp still. This thing benefit from time? I am no expert on Belgian strongs. This was good, though, I thought it was similar to Dragonmead Final Absolution.

O yeah man that thing will be so much better with time. Six months is amazing

my Strong Scotch Ale. why? well, because I had my hours in at 9:10 this morning and we have next week off at work. then I work a week and go on vacation the week after that. that really doesn't have anything to do with my beer choice. I just wanted to brag a little.

my Strong Scotch Ale. why? well, because I had my hours in at 9:10 this morning and we have next week off at work. then I work a week and go on vacation the week after that. that really doesn't have anything to do with my beer choice. I just wanted to brag a little.

That is the way a summer should be spent.

EDIT: also, did you use an established recipe for that scotch ale? I moved from BIAB to do big stouts and strong Scottish ales. I have a big stout fermenting. Next...

That is the way a summer should be spent.

EDIT: also, did you use an established recipe for that scotch ale? I moved from BIAB to do big stouts and strong Scottish ales. I have a big stout fermenting. Next...

I can't remember. it's on my old PC and I haven't transferred the files.

So the A/C has been getting repaired all week. It's in the mid 80s in here right now. My beer hates me. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow. Having the last of my cider.

Back