Interesting recipe ideas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxcrazyjamesxX

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to mead making but have had some success lately with interesting flavor combos. My favorite being bergamot (I'm bottling tomorrow but it tastes delicious) I was wondering what I should try for my next batch, anyone have any unique ideas??

I have been wanting to do bergamot what did you use to get the flavour? Did you use the whole oranges or an extract? i'm having problems finding ether.

Actually I used a high quality earl grey tea, after the fermentation is done the tea flavor is almost completely gone but the flavor of the orange isn't. But I've found you have to use tea with actual pieces of the orange for the flavor to stand out. I have yet to be able to find the actual orange or extract for bergamot but the tea does a good job =]

Bochet seems to be all the rage lately, you could add some cocoa nibs to match the toasted marshmallow flavors of caramelized honey. Call it S'moreomel.

That sounds delicious. I've never tried caramelizing the honey. Ill have to make a gallon batch to try it out.

Back