Looking for recipe suggestions using orange, clove, possibly honey, wheat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotgut

Reaction score
My wife's birthday is coming up in October and around the same time she will be celebrating her 1 year anniversary of being cancer-free. She's requested a summer/fall brew to celebrate with... possibly with orange and clove flavors... maybe with honey and or wheat.

Any suggestions for a nice crisp beer, not too hoppy.. along these lines? She likes orange ales and she's also a big fan of cloves. She also likes hef's.

I've found a lot of recipes in this general ballpark but I'm not sure which would really best suit her tastes. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Clarification.. she says a light (pale) spiced beer. Orange and clove are just ideas she likes. :)

I say go for all of those flavors ... I see no reason they wouldn't all work together! Here's a recipe for an Orange Honey Wit I just found with a Google search. It doesn't have cloves, but you could easily add a couple.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/brew-day-orange-honey-wit-246993/

One note about cloves, though: I've never used them, but I have read that a little goes a long way. I've seen some recipes recommending not much more than one single clove per gallon, but of course it's all to your (and your wife's) taste.

Cheers to you both on your wife's continued good health. :mug:

Cool beans. Thanks! I'm going to give her a choice between a Orange Honey Wit with cloves or a Saison with bitter orange and clove. Neither of which have I brewed (I almost always brew IPA's, Blondes, Porters or Stouts).

Thanks!

Back