Cheap spray nozzle for MLT by "Rain Bird"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
the "craigslist score of the century" thread detailed what I managed to get for 600 bucks...

Included was a Minibrew MLT. It didn't come with the sparge arm, however it did come with a Rain Bird spray nozzle. Anyone use these? The model on mine is 8F-FLT. For 3 bucks, it seems like it could be a decent option.

You will have to let us know how that works if you try it. I was thinking of using a sprinkler head as a sparging nozzle, but was unsure of whether it would clog up to easily.

I wouldn't use anything intended for garden/cleaning use. These items don't need to be tested for toxic compounds found in metals like Lead, salts, organo compounds,Manganese compounds,Mercury metal compounds, Molybdenum compounds,Nickel compounds,Osmium compounds, tetroxide. Need I go on?

sorry I didnt see that the nozzle was plastic but I wouldn't use it either just like I wouldn't use a regular garden hose for drinking water

I would use something that is food safe like a vegie sprayer or just some copper pipe with small holes in it.

well, it has already been used for brewing by the previous owner... I'll call them and see what kind of plastic it is made from... the only thing that is metal is the spray adjustment screw. I'll take that out and see if it's stainless...

Latest posts

Back