Sources for 10/4 SJOOW?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckjaxfl

Reaction score
I'm considering using Ebay seller "Iron Box" for some 10/4.

$39.99 for 25 feet of cord, $19.99 for the ends, $12.95 for shipping. (SHEESH! $72.93 for a damn extension cord!!).

Am I overlooking a smarter choice?

Try ebay, I found 60 feet for $80, it should be here by thursday. I'll let you know what I think once it arives.

10/4 is a lot of copper, and copper is expensive. thats not a terrible price.

Don't forget to look around at some electrical supply shops in your area. A lot of them will sell to a non-contractor if you pay cash. Last 10/3 SOOW I bought was 1.20 something a foot.

I know you were asking about 10/4 Soow, but if you want it to make cords/cables for an electric brew rig to feed power to the elements, you really want 10/3.

If you can use 10/3, I found a great source on ebay for a 9' cable that comes with a 30A twist lock already on it for $17

"9' Line Cord With Marinco L6-30 Loocking Plug 30Amp 250Volt 10/3 Soow Cord New"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110793668558&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

I think he may be talking about powering his control box with the 10/4.

LockingPowerCords.com has the best prices I've seen anywhere on raw cable. Currently $1.39/ft. Also have some good prices on connectors and such.

Latest posts

Back