Atlanta Area Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new LHBS, Schoolhouse Beer in Marietta said they'd do a group buy at cost+20%. Not sure if that's a good deal or not. PM me and I'll shoot you his contact information.
Hey my name is Thomas and i own Schoolhouse. I am more than happy to help with group buys.

I live in Augusta, far from any homebrew store, but I am in for 3 bags if pricing is nearabouts where it was before, maybe even 4. If you ran it, we'd appreciate it.

This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I am interested in going in with one or maybe two others. I am willing to meet someone down at Wine Workshop and Brew Center. I will purchase 4 maybe 5 bags if I can get one or two others to do the same we could get the 5% discount and not have to worry about getting with 10-15 folks. PM me if you are interested.

There are enough folks in this thread that would buy bags to do a group buy at wine workshop. I'd be in for at least a bag, maybe two. They will split the order up and let everyone pay and pick up separately. I'm also interested in a 50# bucket of PBW if they can get it. Someone just needs to call them to set it up, get a spreadsheet sent out and get folks to sign up.

Hey

I can get you something together. What are you Looking for. Our location is

Schoolhouse Beer and Brewing
800 Whitlock Ave Suite 137
Marietta Ga 30064
770-361-5247

This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I am interested in going in with one or maybe two others. I am willing to meet someone down at Wine Workshop and Brew Center. I will purchase 4 maybe 5 bags if I can get one or two others to do the same we could get the 5% discount and not have to worry about getting with 10-15 folks. PM me if you are interested.

Hey

Marietta Ga 30064
770-361-5247

Hey

Marietta Ga 30064
770-361-5247

Do you have a price list you can post? What would the minimum order be?

Most of us buy base malt. Most popular is the cheapest 2 row (rahr), crisp Maris otter, wheat malt, and Belgian and/or German pilsner. Sometimes folks will split a bag of Munich or specialty grain.

There are enough folks in this thread that would buy bags to do a group buy at wine workshop. I'd be in for at least a bag, maybe two. They will split the order up and let everyone pay and pick up separately. I'm also interested in a 50# bucket of PBW if they can get it. Someone just needs to call them to set it up, get a spreadsheet sent out and get folks to sign up.

Hey! Thanks for all the kind comments on this thread. Stay tuned. We are just a few days away from announcing the details our Semi-annual Customer Appreciation Sale.

For now please know, it will similar to our last sale. Sack prices that we sincerely believe are the lowest in Georgia and beyond. As before, it will be a no-hassle group buy where each individual can deal directly with us, yet get group buy prices.

Cheers
Gerald and Marcia
Wine Workshop and Brew Center
404-228-5211

PS. No worries on the 50lbs of PBW.

I'm ready for grain too, to whomever ends up spearheading this.

The guy at schoolhouse really wants us to call him and said he would guarantee us the best price locally. I don't have the time to spearhead this thing unfortunately since I'm in the middle of starting a homebrew club, but I would like some wheat malt at least and maybe some other malt too.

Hey! Thanks for all the kind comments on this thread. Stay tuned. We are just a few days away from announcing the details our Semi-annual Customer Appreciation Sale.

For now please know, it will similar to our last sale. Sack prices that we sincerely believe are the lowest in Georgia and beyond. As before, it will be a no-hassle group buy where each individual can deal directly with us, yet get group buy prices.

Cheers
Gerald and Marcia
404-228-5211

PS. No worries on the 50lbs of PBW.

Awesome. I've loved your last sale and I will certainly buy again once you post details. Cheers

Here is the link to our Customer Appreciation Sale Price List

We really do appreciate the support our home brew customers have shown us during the last year.

Marcia & Gerald
404-228-5211

How does it work? We give you a list and you tell us when it'll be in, or are you keeping this in stock?

Here is the link to our Customer Appreciation Sale Price List

We really do appreciate the support our home brew customers have shown us during the last year.

Marcia & Gerald
404-228-5211

Just sent in my order... seems I'll be making a trip to Decatur... any good brewpubs down around where you guys are? I'm thinking I'll checkout a place for lunch that has good beer while I'm down there...

Just sent in my order... seems I'll be making a trip to Decatur... any good brewpubs down around where you guys are? I'm thinking I'll checkout a place for lunch that has good beer while I'm down there...

We look forward to seeing you! There are any number of great beer bars in Decatur, with Brick Store Pub being rated as one of the top in the nation. Also, Twain's and Wrecking Bar are two great brew pubs. Also, The Corner Pub (right next door to us) has a number of local beers on tap.

Cheers!

Marcia & Gerald

I really like Twains. They have pool and darts and shuffleboard and some pretty good house brews and I really like their food. 3 taverns and blue tarp are package breweries on the same street as wine workshop. Check their tour hours. Brickstore pub is a world class beer bar.

The square pub has a good beer list and if you like spicy food their hatch green Chile sauce is awesome, especially on a burger.

Damnit I forgot about the sale! Life gets in the way sometimes lol

Anyone got leads on a group buy?

I think that group buy by the pallet is all but dead. No one wants to do the work. You're best bet may be to head a 20+ bag purchase at Wine Work Shop for 10% off.

Damnit I forgot about the sale! Life gets in the way sometimes lol

Anyone got leads on a group buy?

I scored 5 sacks! :D

In fact... I like the Wine Workshop owners so much that I may just have to drive down there on Sundays and get things I need even though it's a thirty minute drive....

I'll be brewing an Imperial Pumpkin Ale this Saturday.... the start is waiting in the fridge.

Hey guys, just a heads up, last time I was in there was during a sale and I asked if they honored their AHA 10% discount on sack prices and the guy said yes, but doesn't stack on top of normal sale prices or it'd completely eat their margins. So if you need another reason to support a great organization there you go, alternatively support WW and pay full price, but I know everyone's money situation is different so hopefully knowing you can get a nice discount with them will help people brew more beer.

Hey guys, just a heads up, last time I was in there was during a sale and I asked if they honored their AHA 10% discount on sack prices and the guy said yes, but doesn't stack on top of normal sale prices or it'd completely eat their margins. So if you need another reason to support a great organization there you go, alternatively support WW and pay full price, but I know everyone's money situation is different so hopefully knowing you can get a nice discount with them will help people brew more beer.

She told me the AHA discount did not apply to sacks after she asked her husband. The story is different now? That sucks. For me.

She told me the AHA discount did not apply to sacks after she asked her husband. Which kind of turned me off since there was no wording to even hint at that. The story is different now? That sucks. For me.

First, we say a hearty thank you to all the Home Brew Talk members who participated in our recent grain-by-the-sack sale. We really appreciate the feedback.

Second, we want to address concerns about our discount policies. We regret the confusion about the applicability of AHA Member Deal discounts to our grain-by-the-sack prices and the latest Customer Appreciation Sale.

In order to clear up any confusion or concerns regarding discount policies, the following is our approach to all discounts:

No other discounts apply to items that we offer at less than our normal retail price i.e. “sale item”. We consider our everyday pricing on grains by the sack to be less than our normal retail price. Sack prices reflect a 35-40% discount from grain by the pound prices. Please note that the August 2014 Customer Appreciation Sale price list states that “no other discounts apply”. Also, those prices were 10% lower than our everyday sack prices.

Third, as far as support of AHA, no other Georgia LHBS does more than we do. For example, we are the only LHBS in Georgia to be an official participate of the AHA Member Deal. If you are a card-carrying member of AHA, you will get a 10% on wine and beer making ingredients, sale items excluded. We regularly are a registered participant in Big Brew Day and in Learn to Brew Day. In addition to advertising in Zymurgy, we sell AHA memberships as well as the magazine.

Once again, it is our pleasure to serve the Greater ATLANTA home brew community. We appreciate your support and patronage. In addition, we appreciate your feedback, both positive and otherwise.

Thank you.
Marcia and Gerald Perez
404-228-5211

Back