So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I talked to a neighbor that has one of the two remaining crabapple trees in the neighborhood and he said to pick as much as I want. "In fact, pick 'em all, if you want!" So, I really wanted to try a pumpkin saison, but I foraged enough wild muscadine grapes to start my first ever batch of wine (other than a pineapple-mango melomel). I've got just over 3 gallons in a fermentation bucket, including 3 quarts of crushed grapes, so I'm guessing about two gallons when it comes time to bottle, after all the racking. Then a couple of years in bottles (gonna use beer bombers...not buying a corker for wine bottles that I may use once a year, at most!). Now I have to figure out my cider blend for the crabapples and probably make a batch of jelly, too. The fruit is free and SWMBO likes that! So, pumpkin saison may have to wait until next year. I really want to get a Scottish Ale done and ready before Christmas.

I have a metric f$&@ton of freshly picked apples and pears that may become cider this weekend. Also, in definitely starting a chimay blue clone!

I have a metric f$&@ton of freshly picked apples and pears that may become cider this weekend. Also, in definitely starting a chimay blue clone!

If I had that many apples and pears id do a saison with a late boil addition of the pear skins with a pear and apple purée in the flameout. Then get a few more for secondary. Then have and amazing late summer saison. Let me know if you have extra ha ha!

Santé!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bought the ingredients for a cascade-citra-apollo IPA I'll be brewing Sunday. Using WLP007 in an American IPA, hope that works out.

Just grew some cajones! and drilled the hole on the new 20 gallons Boilermaker to install the autosparge!, prepping up to brew a 12 gallons batch of Row 2 Hill 56 clone...

I am brewing a honey brown ale this Sunday. Got my starter going already, everything all set. Wish me luck only my fourth brew.

17 litres of partial mash Berliner\Saison cross over.
Cascade Lacto untill 70 hours or so,then Belle Saison and Nelson dry hop of 80gr

Started the starter for next weekends Quad. I need to step it to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 430b cells.

too frikkin hot to brew! so bottling and kegging in the comfort of air conditionning:D kegged a SmasH made with Maris Otter and Simcoe (bottled a 6 pack) bottled 2 3 gallons of SmasH made with Maris Otter and amarillo, one batch with us-05 and the other with wlp029, getting a buzz just tasting sampler:cross:

I recently kicked a keg of a wonderful hefeweizen (Jamil Z's recipe) so I think I'll do a dunkelweizen for the fall. I'm still tinkering with the recipe, but I think 50/50 dark wheat and Munich with a tiny pinch of dehusked Carafa II for color should do the trick. Then I'll use the same pitch rate and ferm temp called for in Jamil's hefeweizen recipe.

Just bottled my first non-kit beer yesterday, hoping the bottles don't explode in my closet :p It's mostly the ale recipe from the Good Eats episode "Amber Waves," but scaled down to 2 gallons (I only have a Mr Beer setup for now) and with some modifications I read about here on HBT.

Okay...technically...fermenting projects started this weekend. I actually started a 3 gallon muscadine wine at the end of the week with grapes that I foraged. Picked crab apples from the neighbor's yard (with permission)...started a 2 gallon batch of crab apple/Pink Cripps apples blended cider. The wine was pitched with Montrachet yeast and is chugging along today. I'll be pitching yeast in the cider tomorrow...maybe some Edinburgh Ale Yeast that I have in the fridge. Might need to give the yeast a boost overnight.

Update: made a starter for my Edinburgh Ale yeast...made need an extra day before pitching, but if this yeast takes off, I'll be really interested to see how it does with cider. I've read favorable reports. May need to drop a couple of cinnamon sticks and a few cloves into the mix. Maybe a little raw sugar or molasses.

DSC05360.jpg

DSC05362.jpg

Brewed a fresh hop saison. 1.041og with 2row, pilsner and a touch of c10. The hops were cascade, centennial and ctz with belle saison yeast

was planning to brew this week-end, but have to go to Vegas to fix an aircraft... sucks to be me!, at least they have a Yard house 5 minutes from the hotel!

To busy this weekend so did brew day today. I love vacation! :ban:
Brewed up 3 batches for a total of 14.5 gallons.
5 gallons of an Imperial IPA.
5 gallons of a Brown Porter.
4.5 gallons of an Irish Stout. Miscalculated the water amount. LOL

Skipped doing my normal all grain and did extract. Haven't done extract brewing in a long time.
Thought doing 3 all grain in one day may be to much for me. :rockin:

Brewing my third 10 gal. batch of a much loved Strong Scottish Ale. Began my two-step starter tonight so that it's ready for Sunday. Even though this is Labor Day weekend, I don't consider brewing to be labor. :mug:

My first brew in over a year, my first 15 gallon batch, as well as first on my brewing sculpture. I call it Recommencement Pale Ale. Aiming for a balanced, but slightly hoppy American pale ale hopped with Magnum, Cascade and Citra hops.

Gonna get my irish stout done that didn't get done last weekend due to brewing a winter ale.

Keg #1 - Brewers Best American Ale
Keg #2 - Brewers Best Kolsch
Keg #3 - Dos Barrachos (Mexican Cerveza)
Keg #4 -
Primary #1- Winter Ale
Primary #2-
Secondary #1-German Oktoberfest
Secondary #2-Irish Red Ale
Yeah I do kits!

Mayhaw saison with cascade and centennial hops dry hopped with nelson sauvin

Also my home grown ipa with all centennial and cascade hops from my hop yard

Had a buddy sit in on / me try to teach him how to brew today, with a thrown together recipe of vienna/caravienne, citra, and WLP550. Should be interesting

I'm brewing a Belgian strong ale that I'm calling the Black Monk. After 3 attempts at making a Chimay Grande Reserve clone, I have it pretty close. The next logical step is to make one better than Chimay. Can I make a Belgian strong ale better than the famed Trappist monks? I'll know in a few months!

CIDER BABY!!

back story:
I kicked my keg of cider a while ago and have wanted some ever since, but I've got three items going in the kitchen right now so the wife said no. I found a wine bottle of cider in the basement (had made some for the FIL, he likes it flat), opened it up and the wife had some, she INSISTED that I make more, so I will be all over it this weekend :rockin:

Although its still warm here, I'm targeting Sunday to made a coffee stout that I'm calling "Farmer's Porch Coffee Stout". I found an interesting recipe that I want to modify some for my purposes.

Mayhaw saison with this fresh syrup from New Orleans made Tuesday and just arrived. I will be brewing that as well as my ipa

Does Tuesday count? That's when I get off my latest string of graveyard shifts....

I have things to do, places to go and people to see the rest of my time off, so I'm going to try a twofer in one afternoon: I have a Maris Otter/Fuggles SMaSH that's overdue for bottling, and a grain bill for a saison that needs brewing if I'm not going to run out.

Back