Michelob Original Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this at the grocery store and grabbed a bottle to read what it was. Looks like the original recipe from like 186x and they list Hallertau and strissel spalt hops and I thought, "what the heck", so I bought a 6er.

It's actually a very good beer! Much lighter than I'm used to, but more flavorful than Bud, Coors, etc. Malty with noticeable hop flavor. I think if I could brew something like this, my friends could enjoy it and I could drink it too.

Thanks for the post: I will look for it.

I've been brewing lagers lately, and so I have been drinking lagers as opposed to my usual IPA's, stouts and Belgians.

It was an impulse buy for me, but since I too and just getting into lagers, and because Michelob has produced a few reasonable craft beers IMO, I gave it a try. I think they call it a Munich Lager. I'd have to look up the description, but at any rate, I thought it was pretty good.

correct me if im wrong but arent the michelob lager & amber bock bottles pop top? (i dont bottle so i generally dont remember this stuff & cant be certain) If so, those two would be great choices if your looking to score some bottles cheaply and not hate the product inside.

Yes, the Michelob Original Lager has pop tops and I think the labels come off pretty easy with a short soak in hot water. I bought a couple of sampler packs of their craft beers over the years.

Their amber bock is a real bottle top, but I had to toss the few I had because they didn't seal right for me and those 4 bottles didn't carbonate at all. Of course I could of just bottled wrong and they didn't sit right and your bottles will work fine.

Latest posts

Back