Hefeweizen bottles and caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefjp

Reaction score
Just bottled my hefe weizen in recycled Erdinger bottles. A friend of mine saves them for me from his restaurant!!. I wash then and sanitize then, but I have a very dificult time trying to cap them, I have the red baron capper and regular caps. Is there a special bell or caps for this bottles?

Thanks

I've noticed slight differences in bottles but as long as you can turn it upside down and give a gentle shake and nothing comes out...I'd say you're fine.

The thing is, It takes 3-4 caps per bottle to get one correctly caped. Its pretty frustrating!!!!

Can you take a pic of the erdinger bottle next to a normal bottle so we can see the difference? I can't think of a huge difference that I've seen in "normal" bottles that weren't the champagne style.

Ill post a picture. They dont look very different but, there surely is difference once you try to cap them

Latest posts

Back