So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrogNerd said:
article says 1.020 @ 83% attenuation, 13.2% abv . beersmith says estimated 1.017 @ 85%, 13.6% abv WL says max is 80% so 1.023, 12.8% abv. I would be happy with that
Definitely a sipper. Sounds good though. The tough part is gonna be letting it sit for a year.

didn't notice it until later that the paper scale in my hydrometer has slipped down, so I was reading .014 low. my estimated pre-boil was 1.061 in 5.25 gallons and I was reading 1.038 in 5.5 gallons. so I dumped in 9 oz of DME at flameout.

flameout add 12 oz of honey, and primary additions of 10 oz of maple syrup and 22 oz of lyles golden and I'm looking at 1.126

didn't notice it until later that the paper scale in my hydrometer has slipped down, so I was reading .014 low. my estimated pre-boil was 1.061 in 5.25 gallons and I was reading 1.038 in 5.5 gallons. so I dumped in 9 oz of DME at flameout.

flameout add 12 oz of honey, and primary additions of 10 oz of maple syrup and 22 oz of lyles golden and I'm looking at 1.126

Mmmm, rocket fuel!

Batch number two OBK toy soldier stout. Should be wicked, the vanilla beans made the whole package smell awesome.

^nice. I'm doing a hoptimum clone today or tomorrow. Second brew on my new DIY stand. Just be dialed in a little better this time.

Starting a Christmas Ale tomorrow. I know I am late on getting this one going and the beer will have little age on it come December 25th, but I will start sampling anyway. :mug:

Making the closest thing I have to a "house beer" tomorrow. It's a saison, but I rub a little funk on it. It's funky for about 2-3 months, then starts to sour. After about 6 months in the bottle it's divine.

Brewing Slim's Graham cracker ale tonight :-D

ForumRunner_20131026_221649.jpg

Swmbo is outta town this weekend. So, today I've brewed a conan farmhouse ipa, a double batch of rye saison w/ pilloncillo, & an experiment using 5 gallons of pro-brewed wort for a local brewery contest. Thinking I might do a BDSA tomorrow

Swmbo is outta town this weekend. So, today I've brewed a conan farmhouse ipa, a double batch of rye saison w/ pilloncillo, & an experiment using 5 gallons of pro-brewed wort for a local brewery contest. Thinking I might do a BDSA tomorrow

My wifes at work oatmeal stout today

ForumRunner_20131027_072248.png

Brewing no
Kegging yes. I will keg a brown ale today. I usually don't buy kits, but this was a brown ale that Austin shipped free for $18. We will see...

Brewing as we speak. A Honey Porter. Weather's gorgeous, AG temps are perfect, life is good! And, listenin' to Nashville *****! :rockin:

Back