AHS Northwest Cascadian Dark Technique Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C17-EHSE

Reaction score
The recipe from AHS for their Northwest Cascadian Dark Ale calls for a three gallon boil and then add the rest of the water at the end after the wort has been cooled. I am finally set up to do a full boil.

Will doing a full boil vs a partial be a problem? :confused:

boiling as much of the 5 gallons as possible is always best. if you're not comfortable with that with this batch, just follow the AHS directions for the partial boil and chalk-it up to experience. do a full boil for the next batch.

boiling as much of the 5 gallons as possible is always best. if you're not comfortable with that with this batch, just follow the AHS directions for the partial boil and chalk-it up to experience. do a full boil for the next batch.

Thanks. I'm adventurous enough to give it a try. :D

I would do the full boil. Hop utilization as well as grain utilization will be increased with a larger boil. So, you numbers may end up a little higher than the recipe but I think it will be alright.

Latest posts

Back