vinator options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihaha

Reaction score
My boyfriend recently introduced me to the wonderful world of home brewing. I love it but our vinator does not work well. Does anyone know of a better option?

I had to replace my vinator after a couple of years - the seal didn't hold and the plastic cracked.

You could always fill a bucket with sanitizing solution and immerse the bottles in it.

What exactly is your problem with the vinator? It is one of the most easiest and effective tools out there. You can sanitize 50 bottles in under 10 minutes. There really is nothing more "effective" or simpler to use.

SO what specifically is the issue? You may have a bad vinator, but the vinator itself is not bad.

It doesn't spray well and sometimes sticks. Maybe its just time for a new one?

Take it apart and re assemble it and see.

I've had to replace mine one, after several months of use. I over cranked on it and the threaded part split, and it wouldn't hold a seal anymore.

5214257783_d62c57503d.jpg

But the replacement one I bought has lasted 4 years or more.

If you want to invest a lot more money, you could get this but it needs a lot of extras to get you running: http://morebeer.com/view_product/7271/beerwinecoffee/Rinsing_Sparging_Base

I intend to get one eventually after having used it. It's nice to be able to do 12 at once, plus you can buy more than one tray and load up while the other is sanitizing but again, needs a lot more accessories (pump etc) than a vinator

minihaha said:

Like Revvy's, mine split, but I noticed that after I started having problems with it sticking. When I took it apart, I noticed a reddish Iodophor buildup everywhere, so now (with my new one), I empty it and rinse it after every use.

My first one lasted five years and I've had some second for about 6 months.

Back