Kegging help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
Kegged a beer the otherday and everytime i pour one now the glass is full of head. Had it at 40 psi for 2 days. Now it is at serving pressure. Dont know how to get the head down.

Hey man, if you are at serving pressure what is that? When I do a big force Darb like you did, I take it back down to the temp/head pressure I need for the carbonating that style of beer for at least 2 days. I constantly bleed off excessive pressure every few hours over that time. Also, don't forget all things being equal the length of hose between tap and keg is actually important. Don't remember off the top of my head, but you need so many feet per so many psi in the line to overcome the friction coefficient of the line material. I.E. real short beverage line equals nasty foam out of the tap.

You may have overcarbonated at 40 psi for two days. I get good results from force carbing at 30 psi for a day(pre-chilled beer and I take the keg out to gently roll it once or twice for increased CO2 absorption). I'll then bleed the excess CO2 and serve a 11 psi. Works like a charm every time so far.
I recently read a similar thread and it was suggested to bleed off excess CO2 and let the keg sit for a while.

Back