10g Megapot and Hurricane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 10g Megapot will sit firmly on a Hurricane burner?

Megapot Link
Hurricane Burner Link

The megapot is 17" in diameter according to the specs. I can't find any specs on the hurricane burner that indicates the diameter of the outer support ring.

If anyone has a hurricane burner and could give me that measurement, I'd appreciate it!

Based on the diameter of both I don't see why it wouldn't work. You would just have to center it really well.

From the very link you posted.

11½” tall, 15½” top ring diameter, and includes a 5’ barbecue propane tank hose (fits standard 20 pound barbecue tanks) and regulator.

Yuh.. I saw those. I was just hoping to find someone who might actually have this combination. I have ordered a pot with the same specs as the megapot without the ball valve and thermometer and I want to order a hurricane burner, but I am really concerned that the stability will not be so good on that combination.

I have a Hurricane stand which I have never used. It will hold that pot without any problems. I have a similar SS pot as well that I was going to use on the stand before I found Keggles and built a stand.

OK... I'll probably give it a try. The next step is to find a place to buy the hurricane burner. EVERYONE has been out of that thing since before Thanksgiving and no one has them back in stock yet it seems...

Latest posts

Back