california lager yeast. fermenting to warm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadbikerjosh

Reaction score
hey everyone
i was out of town for a week for work. i came home to find out that my girlfriend had put the thermostat at 80. :mad: meanwhile my boston lager with california lager yeast had been fermenting for about three days when i left. the actual temp of the fermenter was at 76 or 77 when i came home and looked at it. so what kind of damage can this do? this being a hybrid yeast, and it suposed to be at the lower ale fermenting temps. right now its on day 8 and im still getting bubbles and can see a little active fermentation. i havent taken a gravity reading since the OG.

this is my first time using this yeast. is the trub layer suposed to be a kind of greenish gray color? as well as the krausen?

Rack to secondary, condition at lager temp for 4 weeks and see. Lagering for me is in the kid's closet here in MN :O) Ship it here and I'll take care of it. - Time is on your side.

right right... ill get on that sending thing. i gotta find a laggering place. this it the down side to new and super eficiant apartments......every room and closet is the same temp. so i gotta keg it if im gonna lager it in the fridge. witch isnt a bad thing i supose.

Back