What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello said:
Oh and forgot,
2 draft Southern Tier Pumkings and one draft G'nite's by Oskar Blues. For lunch.
Now back to work...or to ruin lives. Not sure which yet. :D

Soooo....lunch was good then. :D

Channel66 said:
Your neighbor makes crappy saison too?

I wish my neighbor made crappy saison. I don't know anyone around me who brews or is interested in brewing.

By the way, what's the story with that yeast you mentioned a few days ago for Belgian stout? Sounds like something I need to eventually try.

Edit for picture

image-801326006.jpg

Channel66 said:
Your neighbor makes crappy saison too?
My neighbor tried a SN kit put the fermenter on laundry next to the dryer and forgot to pitch his yeast. 95 degrees and pitched 3 days later when his gravity never changed! Beer was horrible!🍻

I wish my neighbor made crappy saison. I don't know anyone around me who brews or is interested in brewing.

By the way, what's the story with that yeast you mentioned a few days ago for Belgian stout? Sounds like something I need to eventually try.

Did I mention Belgian stout yeast? Haha gotta be more specific, Which one was it?

Channel66 said:
Did I mention Belgian stout yeast? Haha gotta be more specific, Which one was it?

I can't remember. I think you listed some yeast for Gabe and one of them you listed had Belgian stout next to it. I guess I could go back and search for it.

Channel66 said:
Depends on the yeast, my as11 I pitch around 75 and ramp up to 90+. I usually bring 3726 up to about 85 or so. Hot!
that leads into my next question. What do you use to get up that high?

Channel66 said:
I've got a few. I can make something happen.

Found the post.
Gabe,

Saison:
as11, 12 (blend) 13 (with brett)

Belgian;
AH 12 (pale, golden, great for hoppy Belgians) 15 (dubbel characters), 16 (tripel strain), 31 (high tolerance golden characteristics)

Stout:

AB1 (Belgian stout), AB53 (dark quad characters)

Want them all? I've got some American styles too that I'm working on but they aren't proven yet. They come with full characteristic sheets too.
It was AB1 and AB53 that I was thinking of. I was going to ask you about them when you originally posted, but forgot.

that leads into my next question. What do you use to get up that high?

I use a brewers edge space heater. It's essentially a heating unit designed to raise the internal temperature of a freezer by 20 degrees over ambient, when used in conjunction with a temp controller you can maintain a regular 90+ degrees in a 70 degree house.

Brew belts are an option, as are space heaters, ceramic heaters etc. Depends on your setup. I've seen people duct a propane monitor or forced air unit using a temp controller to open/close the baffle in the duct to their fermenting chamber.

Channel66 said:
It'll cost you ketchup. Pm me your addy, give me a week to step up the slants/plates to a usable amount.

Sounds good to me. What time frame am I looking at for viability? So I know how soon I need to plan the brew day after receiving the yeast.

All this Belgian yeast talk has made me thirsty.
So I'm drinking a It's A Trapp!
I really like the character from WLP500

image-3659393451.jpg

Attachments

• image-1853764072.jpg
    image-1853764072.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 92
Sounds good to me. What time frame am I looking at for viability? So I know how soon I need to plan the brew day after receiving the yeast.

It'll be first generation, healthy in 100 billion cct vials. Couple 3-4 months stored properly, longer if you build a good starter.

Channel66 said:
It'll be first generation, healthy in 100 billion cct vials. Couple months stored properly, longer if you build a good starter.

Ok, that's good. I'm looking forward to it. Time to start working on recipes. :D

The542 said:
Scored some 11-12-13 at whole foods. They wouldn't do growlers, had to drink in store. Also grabbed some green bullet, good stuff too!
That's a good score and a bummer for not doing a growler fill. Though I can see why they wouldn't!

The542 said:
Scored some 11-12-13 at whole foods. They wouldn't do growlers, had to drink in store. Also grabbed some green bullet, good stuff too!

Which store is that? The one in Plymouth meeting has enjoy by, and the suede imperial porter, and I think they're filling growlers. Ballast point sculpin too. I'd go get some but I have a bomber in the fridge already.

Back