Something new and different... Keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime

Reaction score
Took me awhile but I finally built one. I got a 9 cubic foot Frigidaire from Lowes and a dual regulator setup with a 3-way manifold from KegConnections. Took the most inspiration from GroovePuppy's design. My change was making a single door on the front instead of dual doors.

I built the base collar out of cedar 2x2s and added cedar 2x6s on top of that. I added the door and hid the hinge inside the side wall by cutting out a section of the collar.

I had to add a door hinge to keep the door closed against the foam tape. I added foam tape against the door to help the freezer stay efficient.

I attached the collar to the keezer with silicone. Installing the faucets and shanks gave me some problems. The faucet on the far right wouldn't seat properly. This caused me to spray sanitizer all over the front of the keezer. After taking it apart and putting it together a few times I finally got it to work correctly.

Added the top of the freezer back on by moving the hinges up onto the collar. I also installed a Love TS2 controller. That turned out to be the easiest part of the build. I was expecting problems with it, but I ran into no issues with the wiring.

After about a week I finally was able to pull a beer! What a great feeling that was.

Not really. It doesn't seem to cycle very often, but I am keeping an eye on it to see if anything additional is necessary.

Back