"G" styled valve removal...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodthree

Reaction score
Just got my first (and legal) keg from a local beer distributor...it was a Bass Ale keg. How do I get the "G" styled valve off of this keg? I de-pressurized the keg already (pressed on the black rubberized ring surounding the middle post), but have had no luck in getting the valve body off the keg. I've searched every where on the net and have found nothing so far, and did a search here too.

:confused:

Thanks,

Kodthree

Jam a screw driver down to hold the vent open, or drill a hole through the top for a vent. Then cut. I'm guessing you're cutting the top off for a keggle?

wizazz and RevIP. I'm going for a keggle, but I just wanted to be able to clean the inside by dismantling/removing the valve so I can store the keg (maybe even donate the valve/tube to someone who needs it) while I wait for another great deal on two more ($free.ninetyfree is my favorite price). I also thought I could use the valve neck for a pivot/anchor for my cutting jig. Thanks for the link to previous posts!

Kodthree

If you're looking to cut it for a keggle I'd just pop in to it after depressurizing with an angle grinder. You could modify your cutting jig to fit the outside of the spear with a piece of PVC or PVC Cap so you get a nice uniform cut.

Back