Fermentation Fridge off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
I just went in to check on my latest batch fermenting. When I realized my fermentation fridge wasn't on. Temp was up to 72, expecting fermenters to be much higher inside. Not anywhere near my normal 61F target. I thought my fridge had quit on me, turns out somehow the stupid on/off switch on my temperature controller got knocked to off sometime. I'm guessing on Thursday. Sucks. I brewed 3 batches this weekend.

I'm sure they'll be fine its just annoying. At least my fridge didn't die on me.

Worst part is I just moved them all to the tub, before I realized the issue. Now I need to carry them all the way back.

That really does suck. I make a habit to check temps with a thermometer inside the chest freezer. I leave a simple kitchen thermometer placed inside to double check ambient.

Yeah it was just dumb. And I can pinpoint exactly when it happened. I was fuddling around trying to get all 4 fermenters in, which are a tight fit. The temp control fell in between and I had to yank it out. Stupid on/off button...

Back