Wyeast 3638 Bavarian Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshcourtney

Reaction score
First time using this yeast blend, is it a little slower to start? 1 liter, 1 cup dme starter. Almost 24 hours in the Erlenmyer and no or very little sign of a start. Any ideas appreciated.

Don't worry yet, there are a number of factors that could make for slow start. Pitching temp, yeast age, nutrient availability, oxygen level..and so forth.

Do you think that a bear is quick to rouse in late march? Give it time. The yeast are probably just a little bit groggy-eyed.

First time using this yeast blend, is it a little slower to start? 1 liter, 1 cup dme starter. Almost 24 hours in the Erlenmyer and no or very little sign of a start. Any ideas appreciated.

Any chance this ever picked up pace? For the first time since I started brewing, I got really impatient about brewing my next beer and just pitched this directly as I have a wild yeast in my Erlenmeyer. It's been almost 2 days and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Back