White Castles... DO NOT EAT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wc is good for a clean out. i make it a point to travel to st louis every year for a clean out.

I love White Castle! I make monthly trips of 3 hours each way to go buy 20 sliders and 2 large sodas. mmm...... mystery meat.

I never developed a taste for WC (or actually Krystal Burgers since that was the place right next door to my apartment complex). My friends loved it and insisted that there was an addictive drug in them that made them crave them all of the time.

My go to 2 AM drunk feast food was Fire Wings from Wings To Go. Amazing that my system could handle them with no ill effects the next morning. Especially on a snoot full of Absolut topped with Jager shots.

Of course that was when I was in my 20s. At 45 my system is much more sensitive although I do love a good Burger from Barnaby's now and then.

One in particluar was when a guy who tried to pick a fight with everybody in line was getting arrested in the parking lot. It was about 10 below zero and he wasn't wearing a shirt. He tried to convince a St Louis County cop that he wasn't drunk.

This reminds me of the South Park episode where Randy keeps getting drunk, ripping his shirt off, and fighting at the boy's baseball games.

I had white castle yesterday for lunch and I felt great, which I think is the first time ever. Try getting them with jalapeno cheese. I call them "Ja-cheese-us, am I ever going the leave the bathroom?" gut bombs

I love these things, but hate myself the next day. SWMBO won't sleep in the same bed with me for 2 days afterwords.

I love WC so much I almost bought the Slider Station from Billy Maise on TV.

God, I hate that guy.... but how I love sliders!

I love hamburgers. I can't stand White Castle. I've been about 3 or 4 times, years in between. They give me a stomach ache every time I go. And they aren't all that tasty of a burger. I understand them as a druck food, but I gave up on them.

I have a suspicion that they are low quality meat filled with MSG.

That reminds me: my SIL used to work for Taco Hell and he said that the meat is grade 'F'. Really. He will not eat there at all anymore.

Aleforge, you've gotta quit giving bad advice. White Castle burgers are one of the most delicious things on the planet.

This coming from the guy with the 'maple bacon donut' avatar - I see a pattern here....;) :)

I love WC so much I almost bought the Slider Station from Billy Maise on TV.

God, I hate that guy.... but how I love sliders!

I want one of those in the worst way. Eventually I'll break down and buy it.

Never had a WC myself, but I'd love to try one.

MMMMM, rectum rockets!

I used to love eating at White Castle, especially after a few beers!

We moved to Florida, then I found Krystal Burgers (no mustard) and found a nice substitute. Now, we are in AZ and no gut bombs to be had... Although, I heard there is this restaurant in Chandler called The Heart Attack Grill that serves nothing but artery-clogging goodness and REAL SUGAR Cokes... NOM! When I get back to Florida, I usually hit Krystal's on the way home from the airport...

MMMMM, rectum rockets!

I used to love eating at White Castle, especially after a few beers!

We moved to Florida, then I found Krystal Burgers (no mustard) and found a nice substitute. Now, we are in AZ and no gut bombs to be had... Although, I heard there is this restaurant in Chandler called The Heart Attack Grill that serves nothing but artery-clogging goodness and REAL SUGAR Cokes... NOM! When I get back to Florida, I usually hit Krystal's on the way home from the airport...
they arent tiny but you do have a good burger joint. in and out can be found in az. but i have to say id rather eat the good mexican food.

Haven't had a bag of sliders in a long time. Went to a picnic last summer where sliders were being served, but I got there late and only snagged two. A little like eating two jelly beans.

Oh...My...God....

There's such thing as a slider station????

MINE! MINE! MINE!

[youtube]http://www.asseenontvvideo.com/511639/Big-City-Slider-Station.html[/youtube]

Worth every penny. The first time you make about 30 of these.........

Use hawaiian sweet rolls for bread slightly toasted on the cut sides.

You will never step into a WC again

Oh...My...God....

There's such thing as a slider station????

MINE! MINE! MINE!

NO NO NO Don't misunderstand this product! It makes small hamburgers. NOT WC burgers. Oops, nevermind. I guess the term "slider" refers to any small burger in today's nomenclature.

Unless you have access to some serious low-grade beef and enormous quantities of msg the Billy Mays burgers burgers will be nothing like WC though. Plus I am still convinced that there is some addicting drug in those burgers. :)

For the first few years of my marriage, my wife would get a craving for WC and we would drive 30 minutes to pick up a dozen. She would eat them and after a couple would say, "oh, these are terrible! What was I thinking? Never again."

Then, like clockwork, about three months later, she would get that craving again and off we would go to start the process again. Isn't one definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Glutamate is the most common neurotransmitter in the brain. Ever wonder why your tongue has receptors that ONLY respond to MSG?

About 6 years ago, my wife and I were at a retirement party for my BIL. They had a keg of Bud Light(this was shortly before I got into craft beer), and at about 2am, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to go get a bunch of crave cases. Fifteen of us demolished 3 cave cases in under 10 minutes and threw all the boxes into the fire for the prettiest flame that you ever saw.

Fast forward about 3 hours to when SWMBO and I were sleeping. I get woken up with a punch to the ribs and the following, "You a$$, you just s*** the bed!!" Well, my nose started working right then, and I thought, "Damn, maybe I did!!" I got up and checked, and fortunately, it was just the most rancid fart ever.

The next morning my wife warned me that if I ever mix White Castle and keg beer again, she will divorce me. I think that she meant it.

About 6 years ago, my wife and I were at a retirement party for my BIL. They had a keg of Bud Light(this was shortly before I got into craft beer), and at about 2am, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to go get a bunch of crave cases. Fifteen of us demolished 3 cave cases in under 10 minutes and threw all the boxes into the fire for the prettiest flame that you ever saw.

Fast forward about 3 hours to when SWMBO and I were sleeping. I get woken up with a punch to the ribs and the following, "You a$$, you just s*** the bed!!" Well, my nose started working right then, and I thought, "Damn, maybe I did!!" I got up and checked, and fortunately, it was just the most rancid fart ever.

The next morning my wife warned me that if I ever mix White Castle and keg beer again, she will divorce me. I think that she meant it.

Wow, I just had a good solid belly laugh. The kind that you try to keep down because it draws attention at work and you don't want people to ask what is so funny! :ban:

Then, like clockwork, about three months later, she would get that craving again and off we would go to start the process again. Isn't one definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Exactly!! I'm just as guilty, though - there's SOMETHING in those damn burgers. I didn't grow up with White Castle - only moved to Chicago here like 3 years ago and tried them for the first time then... and thought "ugh! this is what the hubub is all about?"

Sure enough, about every 6-9 months I find myself pulling into a WC and ordering up a few sliders, and shortly after thinking "Why the hell do I order these? They're disgusting!"

WTF?!?

I even hit 'em up one night when I was drunk... thinking that's the key. Nope. They're gross even when you're lit.

Maybe it has something to do with your mind thinking "They can't be as bad as I remember"... yet they are. Every time.

Exactly!! I'm just as guilty, though - there's SOMETHING in those damn burgers. I didn't grow up with White Castle - only moved to Chicago here like 3 years ago and tried them for the first time then... and thought "ugh! this is what the hubub is all about?"

Sure enough, about every 6-9 months I find myself pulling into a WC and ordering up a few sliders, and shortly after thinking "Why the hell do I order these? They're disgusting!"

WTF?!?

I even hit 'em up one night when I was drunk... thinking that's the key. Nope. They're gross even when you're lit.

Maybe it has something to do with your mind thinking "They can't be as bad as I remember"... yet they are. Every time.

I think that is my reasoning for torture, I always forget the aftermath.

I live in Wichita, KS: Birthplace of WC.
I have never been to a WC because we don't have any of them here. I'm gathering that it's a good thing.

So here I sit, once again...

5 White castles with cheese + Bacon and a chicken ring... oh hell...

So here I sit, once again...

5 White castles with cheese + Bacon and a chicken ring... oh hell...

You can get a bellybomber with bacon? WTF is a chicken ring?

Don't tell me the Porcelain Palace has upgraded their menu after all these years...

Actually ya, you can get Jalapeno cheese or bacon, and for awhile they even had garlic cheese.

Also cheese sticks and chicken rings... they are umm, chicken tenders in the shape of a ring. They also use to come in a variety, BBQ, RANCH and Buffalo.

Those are actually ok on my stomach, same with the chicken sandwiches.

Back