Half wine bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbachunk

Reaction score
I was just wondering where is a good place to buy some of the 375ml wine bottles. I have searched around and found about 25$ a case but didnt know if there may be a good bulk deal out there or what seller has been reliable.

Thanks for the input

I would try a liquor store to see if they have any from tastings. I think the 375s are used mostly in ice wines, ports and sherrys, I think its gonna be tough finding them cheaper.

If you are thinking of them for bottling beer I've been told not to. Even with a cork cage the bottles are not meant for that kind of pressure. Champagne bottles will work if you can cork them though.

I was just wondering where is a good place to buy some of the 375ml wine bottles. I have searched around and found about 25$ a case but didnt know if there may be a good bulk deal out there or what seller has been reliable.

Thanks for the input

Okay, it may sound weird but- if you have a local store that sells olive oil or some type of oil that they bottle themselves, check with them. A store next door to me sells "premium" olive oil and she bottles it herself. I've spoken with her about getting bottles and she orders them by the pallet so the pass-thru price for me would be miniscule if I wanted to piggyback on an order...hope this helps :mug:

That price is about what I would expect when buying new split bottles. If you have a winery near you that does tastings and has a dessert wine go ask them for the empties. Or come here to New York, you have no idea how many cases of bottles I have thrown into recycle bin. I make home made wine and have kept so many bottles I have had to up my production.

Long story short come wine tasteing in NY and ask for their empty bottles.

I only found them at my LHBS...about $20 a case.
think of it as an investment.

Back