Employers mistake... my benefit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janitorjerm

Reaction score
We mistakingly ordered a few of these at work so we have a chance to buy them for a very reasonable price if we want them. Any way to make them worth it?

AC-106-10-300.jpg

http://www.sccpumps.com/html/fipspecs.htm

It's the AC-106

140 could be used for the mash. if they say 140,then you can push that a little. they normaly lable on the lower side.(liability) and if it was a hella deal then use it for chilling. what kind of deal are you getting?

I used the same type pump with the flex impeller NO good
they cant handle heat worth beans

Also there is no way in ____ they are food grade.

If it's REALLY cheap, buy it. Then get a replacement pump head that can handle the heat. At a glance, it looks like a March pump head will work.

you'll throw away the money, since it's not food grade and can't handle the heat, so keep it out of the beer kitchen

Geez for $20 i would get one just for the hell of it! The bronze would be the only concern of mine running beer through it, the temp rating might be a restriction of the motor cooling not the actual pump componants.
I though march and LG were flexible impellers aswell?

If it's REALLY cheap, buy it. Then get a replacement pump head that can handle the heat. At a glance, it looks like a March pump head will work.

Where might I purchase that at?
I believe you will be throwing your money away if you try to convert that pump. The March pumps are mag drive. The pump you are dealing with is shaft drive. You will not be able to install the mag drive head on it.

IMHO

From the product writeup
Flexible Impeller Pump use should be intermittent and within the temperature range of 40º F and 160º F.
The intermittent use would also be a concern.

I believe you will be throwing your money away if you try to convert that pump. The March pumps are mag drive. The pump you are dealing with is shaft drive. You will not be able to install the mag drive head on it.
Ah, you're probably right. For $20, I'd get one and find a use for it. If nothing else, for recirculating chill water.

Latest posts

Back