Beginner help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atxdiscgolfer

Reaction score
I got a Mr Beer premi gold kit for christmas, i have never brewed before- should i just use the Malt Extract first or add extra ingredients

I started with Mr Beer. Just follow the directions if this is your first brewing experience and then go from their. There is a long thread on using Mr Beer. Relax and enjoy the beginning of an addiction.

If possible, try to control the temp of the fermenting beer to ~68-70F. If you can't regulate the temp very well, an interior room (like a hall closet) is a good solution. You want to try to avoid large swings of temperature. :) Good luck and have fun!

If possible, try to control the temp of the fermenting beer to ~68-70F. If you can't regulate the temp very well, an interior room (like a hall closet) is a good solution. You want to try to avoid large swings of temperature. :) Good luck and have fun!

One of the my favorite upgrades is a 'fermometer' for each of my carboys and fermenters...Only about $2.50 each and will give relatively accurate readings for the fermentation temp.

Thanks for all the tips everybody, i am going to just go by the directions for my first batch and add a little honey to slightly spike the ABV. I see that all of you are brewing some nice strains i hope to 1 day have my own Barleywine etc, i am a part time regular at Billys BBQ so i always try their beer which is excellent.

Thanks for all the tips everybody, i am going to just go by the directions for my first batch and add a little honey to slightly spike the ABV. I see that all of you are brewing some nice strains i hope to 1 day have my own Barleywine etc, i am a part time regular at Billys BBQ so i always try their beer which is excellent.

:mug: welcome to HBT! it's nice to see a fellow disc golfer on the forums. there's a ton of great info here on the site. best advice on the first brew, keep it simple and don't rush things.

best of luck!

Follow the instructions and keep it simple for the first brew. Dig around HBT for information, read twice and brew once (measure twice and cut once). What I mean is get your info together and check it again so there are no mistakes. But remember if you make a mistake it is still beer and enjoy it. Welcome and have fun.

Latest posts

Back