Bock Extract Kit w/ Specialty Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman_01

Reaction score
Wanted to try this next (northern brewer) but had no reviews.. built a lager chamber last month and am itching to try it out.. any comments/suggestions on an amber bock i should do next?

I've never used that particular kit, but I've been happy with all of the kits I've done from them.

Can you find a link to the pdf file, so we can see the recipe and give you our thoughts?

As far as yeast, make sure you make a BIG starter. BIG. And then pitch at 48 degrees and hold at 50 degrees for about 7-10 days.

Yooper said:
I've never used that particular kit, but I've been happy with all of the kits I've done from them.

Can you find a link to the pdf file, so we can see the recipe and give you our thoughts?

As far as yeast, make sure you make a BIG starter. BIG. And then pitch at 48 degrees and hold at 50 degrees for about 7-10 days.

Since I am using dry yeast, rehydrating per the yeast instructions are my best bet? The instructions for this want to ferment at 60 for a week or two then rack to secondary and start lagering.. Doesnt mention anything about a D rest though either.. may be best to do one after primary ends anyways?

Back