Need Info on US-05 for Beersmith.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redweasel

Reaction score
Can't find an update for this yeast for Beersmith. I can do it manualy but cant seem to find the data I need. Can anyone help?

Yeah I saw that. I guess all I really need is the average attenuation %. I'm going to guess that floccuation is medium and I know the temp range is 59*-75*.

In my beersmith S-05 entry I put in 73%. Not sure where I got that number, maybe I took the middle of the range. Though the last batch I fermented with it went from 1.062 down to 1.009 and everything else I use that yeast on attenuates more than I expect so I need to start planning for it

Beer alchemy lists it as 75%.
A famous, popular American ale yeast that produces well balanced beers with low diacetyl and a very clean, crisp end palate.

Attenuation: Medium
Flocculation: Low to Medium
Temperature range: 59-74F(15-24C)
But then it does allow me to edit it, so they are probably just picking the mid-point of possibilities.

I have Beer Smith 1.4, Build 37 and this is what my options are:
yeast.gif

I ran into the same problem trying to put together a recipe. According to Beer Smith, the S-04 attenuates at 73%...wouldn't the S-05 attenuate more than just 2% more?

I ran into the same problem trying to put together a recipe. According to Beer Smith, the S-04 attenuates at 73%...wouldn't the S-05 attenuate more than just 2% more?

I would probably start at around 76-78% attenuation and then adjust after doing a few batches in your setup. I've gotten as high as around 84% with it.

I've never found a US56 or US05 in Beersmith even under DCL, I've always added it myself. Maybe whoever had it in already imported a recipe from someone that had manually entered it.

I would probably start at around 76-78%

Looking through my brewlog, that's exactly the range I've gotten with all my US-05 batches. I'm going to adjust the profile to 77%.

I love this yeast, if sedimentation was a little higher it would be perfect for most of my beers.

I have Beer Smith 1.4, Build 37 and this is what my options are:
yeast.gif

I have an earlier build. Maybe they took it out when they changed the name and didn't replace it?

Attenuation is listed at 70%, but I agree with the higher numbers in practice.

I generally consider WY1056, WLP001, US56 and US05 to be interchangeable.
Just make a copy of one of the others and change the relevant info. I have added US-05 to my Beersmith because it is one of my most common yeasts.

Craig

Latest posts

Back