Citra Saturdays at Nikobrew (Amarillo too!)- Full pounds for 24 hours begins 3/17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Citra Saturday will begin 3/17 at 10AM MST and will run for 24 hours

At this time you will be able to purchase 2011 Crop Citra in full pounds for $35/lb without limits. Seriously, buy one pound buy ten pounds, buy as many as you'd like. As always our $5 flat rate shipping applies to all 50 states as well as APO/FPO addresses and we have great international shipping rates as well.

But wait, there's more! Not only can you get full pounds of Citra but we will also be offering a limited supply of 2011 crop Amarillo in full pounds and 2oz packs at the same time. Amarillo will be $37.50/lb and $5.50/2oz pack.

These are pellet hops.

Citra Saturdays will occur every Saturday until the alotted inventory has been depleted. If you're a homebrew shop owner or pro brewer and wants 44# boxes at a time your price is $31/lb if paid by check.

Also please keep in mind that due to the anticipated volume please anticipate that orders including either Amarillo or Citra may be delayed 3-4 business days.

Wholesale (Home Brew Shop owners and Pro Brewers Only): If you'd like to order Citra please PM or email me at niko at nikobrew dot com with the amount you'd like to purchase, your business name, shipping address, whether it is a business or residence, and if you can pay by check you will receive a 3% discount for the total $ of hops and $5 shipping (that makes it $33.95/lb for the hops and $4.85 for shipping). If you'd like a full 44# box and you're paying by check the price is $32.00/lb. Amarillo is unavailable this way as we don't have enough to offer wholesale discounts.

Thanks for your time!

Prost!

buy from this dude. I ordered a 1.5 pounds of hops and got it in a week. Cant beat these prices.... or the fact that he actually has hops that will typically show Out Of Stock on other websites.

Where are they out of, not that is madders? Just want to know.

I'm in Boise, Idaho area. We ship our online orders from our Bellingham, WA warehouse. We've been in business for about 3 1/2 years now.

Since we are headquartered in Idaho we only have to collect sales tax if you're shipping to Idaho BTW we don't have to collect sales tax for Washington customers.

Cool, i was just wandering.

Cheers, hope the sale goes good for you, might put in an order.

I've made several recent orders from Niko; and let me tell you I've gotten nothing but prompt A+ service from them. I basically have stocked up on hops for the rest of the year.

Can't wait until saturday morning... need me some Amarillo!

+1. I've ordered from him before and it was in my hands in less than a week. Also, you can't beat $5 shipping! Keep up the great work Niko!

Thanks for the kind words, folks, it's been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to continuing to do so. Amarillo will be in limited supply so if you'd like some I'd suggest hitting our site as soon as it goes live. I would be surprised if we had any Amarillo left within an hour, though the Citra will be offered for a full 24 hours.

We also have 2011 crop Cascade in stock normally at $14 but right now its $12.50/lb.

I don't want to sound too much like a fanboy here .. but when I decided I was going to purchase about 15 lbs of hops a few weeks ago I looked around quite a bit first. Niko had some of the better prices and by far the best stock.

Some of the stuff I ordered from him I had no need of, I only got because it was on special at 10$-ish a LB lol. figured if anything they're good cheap bittering hops :p

Oh, and I forgot to mention. If you're a homebrew shop owner or pro brewer and would like to purchase in bulk and pay by check you may do so and save 3% on credit card processing. This is only for Citra as our Amarillo is of a much more limited supply. I've updated the original post with this information as well.

I just ordered some Centennial from Niko. I priced out about 7 different sites and Niko was the lowest price. I wish I had found the site a couple weeks ago when I ordered 3 pounds of assorted hops. The flat $5 shipping really makes it a deal. I'll definitely be ordering more from him in the future.

I don’t see the hops listed on the site yet…. Will they be up Saturday morning or are there any special order instructions?

Nope, no special instructions and to avoid any confusion the hops will not be online until 10am MST Saturday. The second the clock turns over I will click a button to make the hops visible.

I will be offline for the rest of the day and will answer any other questions tomorrow morning, thanks!

what would a person have to do to buy a hop rhizome for citra? are any out there to buy?

or has the grower desided not to release them for sale?

what would a person have to do to buy a hop rhizome for citra? are any out there to buy?

or has the grower desided not to release them for sale?

These are proprietary hops and will their rhizomes are not available to purchase.

Any other Wisconsin homebrewer want to split a pound of each with me? A full pound of each would take me way too long to get through, but these prices are solid.

Brobeman

ok 2usd an oz, 16 oz a lb.. 32usd per lbs, that is the going rate not even to think 2011 hops

The Citra is full pounds only we have somr Amarillo in 2oz packs as well as full pounds.

tick tock tick tock

LOL I know how you feel :p I've got inventory loaded into the shopping cart system, ready to press the buttons right at 10AM to make things live. I did see your order note also, no worries I've got you covered. Since you ordered rhizomes those need a separate order anyway since they're preorder items and not in stock yet but if your tablet doesn't work (it should, you can access our site from mobile devices just fine typically) not to worry.

I'm interested. I filled out the form on yer website. Awaiting reply... :)

Thanks I am working through my inbox right now and it's about to explode in about 9 minutes :p I appreciate the inquiry and WILL get back to you and everyone on the list. We've had a lot of pro brewers and homebrew shops asking how much Amarillo they can order. I would appreciate if resellers held off on purchasing the Amarillo that's about to go live. We are working on getting enough in to supply in bulk and based on the responses we've received we're probably going go through with it and we will get some in.

This is my long way of saying - resellers please fill out the Wholesale form instead of ordering Amarillo online. I WILL Be apply to supply you with some, maybe not a full box, but so far based on the requests I received we'll be able to at least come close to what's been requested.

Thanks folks! Time to pour some irish cream in some coffee and hit some buttons in T MINUS 7 minutes!

Citra and Amarillo are now live. Amarillo will be live until it runs out, Citra will be live 24 full hours. Thanks folks!

wow.. you thought the Amarillo was going to last an hour or so? I thought I read that in a previous post.

the 1# bags are sold out already...

no worries.. I got my order in immediately and was able to get it man! I was just commenting on how quickly it sold off. cheers to you guys!

Back