Buying erlenmeyer flask in NYC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettV

Reaction score
Anyone in New York City know of a good place to pick up an erlenmeyer flask? Found them online pretty cheap, but the shipping costs are fairly high (100-200% of the cost of the flask.) My LHBS doesn't seem to carry them, and I assume they'd be cheaper at a lab supply store, but google searches don't seem to yield much.

I bought my 3000ml erlenmeyer from Brewmasterswarehouse.com for $27.99. I added it to an order of grains and other items, but they have flat rate shipping for $6.99

The 2000ml flask is $19.99 if you need smaller

Cool, thanks for the site. Checking it out now. Also, can I just use my drilled #10 stopper for my carboy in the flask with plastic wrap? Is the drill hole enough for the gases to escape?

Not sure about the stopper since I just use aluminum foil that I dip in my starsan. You really don't need a airlock on it since you want oxygen to get in there for the yeast to use. By just laying the foil on top the CO2 can easily escape.

just about any good online HBS will sell flasks. Morebeer offers free shipping on orders of a certain size. Others like Austin and Northern Brewer have a flat rate 7.99 shipping. Make a big order and the shipping is less of a factor.

I just use the $5 gallon jug at the LHBS. The center on it is flat, unlike the cider jug I tried before that. Works well on the stir plate.

The Brooklyn Kitchen on Frost and Meeker (off the Lorimer stop on the L) has them in their homebrew area. Their prices aren't always the best but they're great people and probably cheaper than shipping unless your ordering more stuff and getting the flat rate.
-William

I must have overlooked them at BHB. I buy all my supplies there, but I didn't see flasks listed on their website. There's a few other supplies I want/need, so I might either make the trek back out there, or see if I can get free shipping from morebeer.

I bought mine from www.cynmar.com and ordered stuff to culture yeast with it. They have a $25 minimum order, but after a flask, 50 yeast vials, and a set of beakers (50, 100, 200, 500, 800) the order was well over the minimum.

B

Back