First Mead with Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Did my first Mead, (Joe's Ancient Orange) Only did a 1 Gallon batch and figured I'd do a label. Only got 9 bottles out of it and have no idea what the OG FG was. Whats the general alcohol content of JOA?

Anyway, Here is my quick label for the bottles.

Mead Label Final.jpg

Thanks, I tried just making the girl saturated but looked weird. I guess I could trim and unsaturate between her hair and arm. I didn't notice that before posting. Probably won't though cause it's only 9 bottles. Maybe I should unsaturate the dead guy laying there since the emphasis is on the viking take his girl.

It's different. I tried one commercial mead at a Renaissance Festival last bout a month ago and dind't care for it. I like mine better for sure. It's definitely it's own line of beverage. I think I'd like to try a dry mead as well. I didn't take OG or FG readings. Anybody know general apprx abv of JAOM?

It's different. I tried one commercial mead at a Renaissance Festival last bout a month ago and dind't care for it. I like mine better for sure. It's definitely it's own line of beverage. I think I'd like to try a dry mead as well. I didn't take OG or FG readings. Anybody know general apprx abv of JAOM?

I've never taken a reading either due to all the floaties and crap but I've made my share of it and the buzz tells me somewhere around 11%-12%. Anyone know for sure?

BTW - I've had JAO ferment pretty dry if I left it in the primary too long. You also get a somewhat unpleasant pithy astringency from the orange rinds though.

Dry meads are easier to make than sweet meads but sweet meads are ready to drink sooner and seem to be more popular. Dry meads aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Back