Odor on bucket after washing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulfman

Reaction score
I just bottled another batch and after washing vigorously for about 30 minutes I still cant seem to get the beer smell off my bucket. I sprayed some star san after i washed for awhile and there still is a smell. The next day the smell was a lil more potent soo my question is does a smell necessarily mean its not clean?? Theres is no major scratches for the bacteria to cling to.

Thanks

mine smell. they don't stink, but they do have a pretty strong beer (hop) smell

No pickles were used in the the brewing. lol

I just purchased some oxyclean and let it sit over night and the smell has totally gone away and my bathtub is sparkling clean too!!

Thanks

I bottled a hoppy American Brown ale a couple months back, and I guess I was a bit lackadaisical with the cleaning up afterwards. When I brought the bottling out to package a Blonde Ale, the bucket smelled like cheesy old hops. A 15 minute soak in PBW completely got rid of the stink. It was my first time using PBW, and I don't think I ever want to use another cleaner again.

Back