NO Sparge Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjibbad

Reaction score
As I sit here at work pondering my boredom, I though of how I may further streamline my brewing process. Here is the idea.

I currently have a march pump and have been using it to recirculate my runnings instead of vorlaufing as well as other means. Would it be feaseable to hook up my pump to the mash tun and recirculate into my HLT and have the HLT drain back into the mash tun in one continious flow in order to circumvent the need for sparging. I would figure out absorbtion and final volumes before hand add the water for strike and differance for my final volumes and recirculate the entire thing and then drain at the end of my mash. My HLT is a 5 gal igloo cooler with 2 water heating elements in it. I would assume I would be able to control my mash temps better and perhaps do some step mashes if I added a temp controlers to it as well. Has anyone tried this or would I be better off doing batch sparges??

Latest posts

Back