What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking...has anyone ever gone on vacation to some place in Europe and wanted to buy some beer and bring it back to the States? How did you do it? Not that I'm going to do it anytime soon, but I would love to visit Belgium.

About to crack open one of my ciders.

Time to break into the last 6 pack of my wheat IPA. If only I had a big red coq instead. Really need to get more falconer's flight and amarillo so I can make more of this brew. Tasty.

I was just thinking...has anyone ever gone on vacation to some place in Europe and wanted to buy some beer and bring it back to the States? How did you do it? Not that I'm going to do it anytime soon, but I would love to visit Belgium.

Wrapped up like a trade in your suitcase. It's not really feasible to bring back more, although I guess you could try and mail a couple cases. It's been 10 years I think. Airfare was a lot cheaper then. My wife and I would really like to go back in the next couple years.

Im going to enjoy this greatly. Be jealous.

ForumRunner_20130828_194910.png

tyzippers said:

When I was stationed in Germany, you were allowed one rack (case) in your check in bag. Not sure what has changed since I've been gone (18 years).

When I was stationed in Germany, you were allowed one rack (case) in your check in bag. Not sure what has changed since I've been gone (18 years).

Know anyone with 6 less kids and a spare bedroom? I'm going to apply for an internship at Prairie for this winter. Not holding my breath or anything...

Wrapped up like a trade in your suitcase. It's not really feasible to bring back more, although I guess you could try and mail a couple cases. It's been 10 years I think. Airfare was a lot cheaper then. My wife and I would really like to go back in the next couple years.

So, if TSA would do a random sweep of my luggage, they wouldn't have an issue with me having a bunch of bottles filled with liquid in my suitcase? I haven't flown in a few years, but I thought there was some big hooptey doo about only having shampoos and other liquids in individual containers no greater than 3 oz. Has that gone away? I guess I should know these things anyway for my flight to OK in a few weeks. I had thought about shipping the beer back like a trade, except I don't know if it would clear customs with any problems.

So, if TSA would do a random sweep of my luggage, they wouldn't have an issue with me having a bunch of bottles filled with liquid in my suitcase? I haven't flown in a few years, but I thought there was some big hooptey doo about only having shampoos and other liquids in individual containers no greater than 3 oz. Has that gone away? I guess I should know these things anyway for my flight to OK in a few weeks. I had thought about shipping the beer back like a trade, except I don't know if it would clear customs with any problems.

If I recall correctly, that "hooptey doo" applies to carry on bags. Checked baggage is a different story. Beer in carry-on is a no go. Checked baggage is ok. Last time I flew, I came back with grain, oak, and a number of bombers with zero issue, but that wasn't internationally. I haven't flown internationally in about 15 years.

TNGabe said:
Know anyone with 6 less kids and a spare bedroom? I'm going to apply for an internship at Prairie for this winter. Not holding my breath or anything...

Let me check, I may have a lead or 2...

Having some HB Black IPA while I pack. Houston tomorrow. I'll be at the Flying Saucer this time tomorrow night. Then driving up to Dallas for the LSU game on Saturday. Then back to Houston till Tuesday.

Shred said:
Being a big hop head, I'm partial to Road 2 Ruin double IPA and their white IPA is the best of it's kind that I've tried.

I'm not sure I've had the Saison. Maybe I should start shopping around??

Their white IPA is ok. Too light for my tastes. Their DIPA is awesome on tap. Good but not great.

The Maibock on tap is nuts. As well as the Saison. Go down there and give them a try. Although, you can find the Saison in bottles. Maibock only on tap at the brewery in Stratford.

First taste of my leftover hops IPA. I think I may need to change this to "I can't believe it's not rye! IPA"

Tastes just like a ryeIPA. Lots of cascade, fuggles and mt hood makes for a spicy, citrusy quaffable beverage

image-2009037178.jpg

Attachments

• image-3600290105.jpg
    image-3600290105.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 91
Raspberry Skeeter Pee. No picture, everyone should know what SP looks like by now. ;)

My first all-grain batch, Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale. It's a little watered down due to over sparging but still damn good.

Latest posts

Back