Passow's First All Grain Brewing Day - new System!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaguitargod

Reaction score
Well, after a four month building period, my All Grain Set Up got the the opperational stage and I brewed my beer on Sunday. It's my own recipe (Passow's Senatorial Brunette) and had some glitched that need to be ironed out (of which was I aimed for 5.5 gallons and got 7 gallons...oops! Need to cut down on the sparge water ammount). So here are th pics for the event:

The Set Up (from left to right: Hot Water Tank, Mash-tun, me with mash paddle, Wort Boil Tank on turkey fryer stand with propain tank):
ag1.jpg

Can you tell I'm happy to be brewing again?
ag2.jpg

The Bottom of my Mash-tun:
ag3.jpg

Sparging!!!
ag4.jpg

Nice job...good looking set up, one exception though...that mash tun looks a bit unstable sitting on that stepladder.

A true fly sparge set up...seems like were seeing less of those these days...looks good though.

That is a kickin paddle...a bit over the top for five gal. for me.

Good work!

Nice job...good looking set up, one exception though...that mash tun looks a bit unstable sitting on that stepladder.
Ya, I'm going to build a more stable set up out of wood before the next brew session (making a Hefe...need to find a good recipy, or formulate one) which is not this Sunday but next Sunday.

That is a kickin paddle...a bit over the top for five gal. for me.

Good work!
Thanks. It is over the top, but that's half the fun.

How is your mash tun in holding rest temps? I have the same cooler and initially had trouble holding my rest temp for an hour. I then realized the lid is hollow, so I sprayed some foam insulation into the top. It works better now but not as good as I would like. I probably lose a couple degrees over an hour.

How is your mash tun in holding rest temps? I have the same cooler and initially had trouble holding my rest temp for an hour. I then realized the lid is hollow, so I sprayed some foam insulation into the top. It works better now but not as good as I would like. I probably lose a couple degrees over an hour.

It held it pritty good. Only lost 1 degree in the hour and 11 min it was in there. I'll have to see if mine is hollow. Thanks for the heads up on a future problem, I'll pay more attention to that for the next brew.

All that comes to mind is "GEICO is missing a caveman".

Sorry... I guess I'm just jealous, since three weeks into a 'beard' my face looks dirty.

Nice brewing set-up you have there.

Back