Flat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy77

Reaction score
Made two pale ale's in August, had good primary fermentation on both, started on July 20 bottled on Aug 8, used the same amount of priming sugar, one is dead flat, the other perfection, i'm guessing that the flat one is a lost lot, can it be rescued?

One whole batch is flat, but all of the other is perfectly carbed....hmmm...forget the sugar?

Either you forgot the sugar, or your yeasties are asleep. I've saved a few uncarbed batches by putting the bottles in a warm room (75f) and shaking all the bottles up once or twice a day for a week. This rouses the yeast into suspension and helps wake them up. Works like a charm in my experience.

Either you forgot the sugar, or your yeasties are asleep. I've saved a few uncarbed batches by putting the bottles in a warm room (75f) and shaking all the bottles up once or twice a day for a week. This rouses the yeast into suspension and helps wake them up. Works like a charm in my experience.

hmmm, I'll try that when i get home tonight.
definitely didn't forget the sugar,

If all else fails (that is, after keeping the bottles in a nice warm place for a few weeks) open each one and drop in an ever so tiny pinch of dry yeast, recap, let sit, and they should be carbed in the usual carbing time.

Back