Santo 4910 help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gddunton

Reaction score
So I was able to find a sanyo 4910 on craigs list in decent condition to finally switch to kegging my brew (so sick of bottling).

However in my excitement to get started I ripped out the door shelf liner and threw it away ( I have pin lock kegs and even after trimming the bottom shelf tabs they both wouldn't fit with the door shelving in place)... Now I need to go back and cut a piece of plexiglass to replace it and hold the door seal. I have tried a few times to measure the seal to cut the piece to size but can't get the exact fit. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the door shelf liner or the piece of filler you used to replace it?

I have an American wheat just waiting to tapped as soon as I get this set up and I can't wait!

Thanks,

If you still need the dimensions, I measured the panel of my 4912M to be 20 1/2" x 31 1/8". There is a good chance that this is what yours would be, as I understand that the 4910, 4911 and 4912 are basically the same fridge.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I made a makeshift fix, but the seal isn't perfect. I'm gonna cut a piece at these dimensions and try it out. Would plywood work in that sport, or is plastic needed as a vapor barrier?

Now I just have to get the screw holes right...

I probably would not use plywood, as it might be too thick and would soak up moisture. If you search the forum you can see what others have used, ie plexiglass, whiteboard.

For my door panels I have used Formica countertop laminate which worked out well. The downside to the Formica is that it cracks easily and can be difficult to cut.

Latest posts

Back