going to start keging but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, it doesn't really matter. But stick with one kind or the other, you don't want to have to switch connections back and forth all the time. I myself have ball locks.

I could be wrong but I think ball lock parts are easier to find, in case of replacement.
I would say 90% of people have ball lock. But in the end it doesnt matter, just stick to one type!

cool, thanks for the help I would like to stick with the one thats easy to get parts for guess ball lock it is :ban:

Be aware that they are slightly different sizes. Ball locks are slightly thinner and taller than pin locks. I can fit 4 ball locks in my keezer, but only 3 pin locks. My friends mini-fridge kegerator will only fit pin locks due to the height. You can put either style of post on either keg though, so in my friends case he has the pin lock kegs for the height, but ball lock posts so that we can swap and use each others equipment more easily.

I personally go for whatever is cheapest at that time. I now have 88 kegs, a good mix of ball lock and pin lock. I use flared connectors on everything, so swapping out disconnects is no problem.

I find that they each have their pros and cons. Pin lock is impossible to put the wrong disconnect on the wrong post, but most pin lock kegs don't have the manual Pressure release valve.

Latest posts

Back