First time, no sanitizer, pee'd on it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sooner you guys quit responding to this ridiculous thread the sooner it will go away forever...

homer_doh.gif

You have to love that after after a year and half since his last post, he responded to a new one inside 15 minutes. That is commitment right there

canned food is sterile too why dont you try to sterilelize someting with a can of tuna.

urine can only clame there anti-bacterial propertys when it has been consentrated ie boiled down
to the proper lvls of salts and PH and at the point its a thick orange syrup with one hell of an odor

Besides the atrocious spelling, this statement is not true.
oh really? to inhibit growth is one thing but to clame its an Antibacterial is a huge streach , cold inhibits growth ,why dont you stearlize your equpment in the freezer

Antibacterial activity of human urine
Antibacterial activity of human urine
Donald Kaye
1Department of Medicine, The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
AbstractThe fate of bacteria in human urine was studied after inoculation of small numbers of Escherichia coli and other bacterial strains commonly implicated in urinary tract infection. Urine from normal individuals was often inhibitory and sometimes bactericidal for growth of these organisms. Antibacterial activity of urine was not related to lack of nutrient material as addition of broth did not decrease inhibitory activity. Antibacterial activity was correlated with osmolality, urea concentration and ammonium concentration, but not with organic acid, sodium, or potassium concentration. Between a pH range of 5.0-6.5 antibacterial activity of urine was greater at lower pH. Ultrafiltration and column chromatography to remove protein did not decrease antibacterial activity.
Urea concentration was a more important determinant of antibacterial activity than osmolality or ammonium concentration. Increasing the urea of a noninhibitory urine to equal that of an inhibitory urine made the urine inhibitory. However, increasing osmolality (with sodium chloride) or increasing ammonium to equal the osmolality or ammonium of an inhibitory urine did not increase antibacterial activity. Similarly, dialysis to decrease osmolality or ammonium but preserve urea did not decrease inhibitory activity. Decreasing urea with preservation of ammonium and osmolality decreased antibacterial activity. Removal of ammonium with an ion exchanger did not decrease antibacterial activity, whereas conversion of urea to ammonium with urease and subsequent removal of the ammonium decreased antibacterial activity.

HOLY SCHMELTZER!

I haven't seen this thread in a few years. You guys are killing me with this Shiite. Have mercy on us all!

I'm just wondering who pshavet really is. As mentioned if you reply to a thread 15 minutes after it has been bumped from 2 years ago you obviously are on the site a lot, meaning you probably have an account with which you actually participate.

review012b6nn.jpg

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

Wait, was that urine or BMC? I forget

How naive (thick) are some people.
What's the coincidence of them both sharing an IP address. You'd almost think it's the same person!

Just to reiterate. Setting up and abusing multiple user names is not allowed!

umm. way to think on your toes and all, what about some household bleach? Come on guy! Some things shouldn't be shared.

Latest posts

Back