Losing carbonation in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppheadIPA

Reaction score
I have a pale ale in keg right now. I carbed @ 40psi for 2 days then backed off to 10psi for serving. The 1st 2 or 3 glasses had perfect carbonation. But a few days later, filled up a glass and it was damn near flat. Keg is still @ 10 psi. WTF? How am I losing carbonation? Is it my carb method?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. What's a good pressure and timeline to carb? I was thinking 30psi for 3 days then back off to 11psi

Serving pressure, for 2 weeks. Assuming you balanced your system, this is the surefire method for carbing without any hassle.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. What's a good pressure and timeline to carb? I was thinking 30psi for 3 days then back off to 11psi

This works for me...I do 34 PSI for 60 hrs then down to 11....works the first time, every time. Never an overcarb or foaming issue. (Don't Shake!)

When you had perfect carbonation at first, were there a lot of different bubble sizes, or was the foam uniform?

Back