Final Gravity after just two weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trooper-Orange

Reaction score
I just did a gravity reading today and noticed I have reached the FG of the recipe. 1.012.

This has only been fermenting for two weeks. Is it possible that it is done already?

I plan on taking another gravity reading on Monday, and if it doesn't move I should be OK to keg it right?

The recipe is a kit from Midewest, fat tire clone flat tire. FG is supposed to be between 1.012 and 1.010.

This is the time-line so far:

1 week in primary > 1.018 gravity > 1 week in secondary > 1.012 gravity

Gravity readings are always your most accurate indicator. Some yeast are more rapid eaters than others and sometimes yeast are healthier when pitched which might speed attenuation. Recommendations here for 2 to 3 weeks in the primary are just that, recommendations. Always make your final decisions based on gravity readings. Sounds like your beer is finished mate. :mug:

Just wait until you use an English yeast that reaches FG in 3 days. You'll be amazed.

As for your your current beer. It's probably done, but letting sit another week to clear up isn't a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back