What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like the Founders Rye PA? I picked up some last week and they were flat and gnarly tasting. I would like to retry a fresher specimen.

I absolutely love it, its one of my favorite beers. Bummer you got a bad batch (usually not a prob here I live a stones throw from Founders) You should definately give it a fair shot.

I'm trying to decide between an Oak Aged Yeti (my favorite, I think) or trying out this new Salvation I picked up earlier today. Supposed to be in the style of a Belgian ale. Oh, decisions, decisions!

After a horrible Monday, I really need this!

image-913720527.jpg

Qhrumphf said:
My Galena/Nugget APA. I'm liking this more than the typical "C" hop bombs.

Sounds like a nice mix. By "C" I'm guessing you mean citra, cascade,Columbus, centennial :) :mug:

That said I just finished a citra and cascade pale ale yesterday! :drunk:

Sounds like a nice mix. By "C" I'm guessing you mean citra, cascade,Columbus, centennial :) :mug:

That said I just finished a citra and cascade pale ale yesterday! :drunk:

I'd add Chinook in the mix too, but yeah, you guessed right. Nothing against them, but I tend to get burned out on them. And between my wet-hopped 100% Citra Imperial Red, and my Chinook/Vienna SMaSH, I've got enough of those hops in the pipeline at the moment.

My first batch of homebrew, an Extra Pale Ale kit from NB that was sitting on top of my buddy's fridge for a year :-\. Not too bad considering the age and the caramelized LME... Also drinking Smuttynose Robust Porter! One of the best beers, let alone, Porters I've had. :drunk:

Lost Abbey Inferno Ale. Not really a big fan of it at this point. Maybe I will like it more when it warms up a little.

Visited my old workplace to demo some lighting equipment and brought along some of the local brew. Never knew Surly made something that didn't take the enamel off your teeth... pleasantly surprised.

image-4245726992.jpg

Magic Hat #9.

First off, I had no idea what this was when I picked it up. It said not quite pale ale on the label. I figured that sorta meant similar to pale ale. What is this crap? It literally tastes like incense smells. It's pretty rough. It goes down as one of the worst beers I've ever had.

I now have 5 bottles left. :(

Newgene said:
Magic Hat #9.

First off, I had no idea what this was when I picked it up. It said not quite pale ale on the label. I figured that sorta meant similar to pale ale. What is this crap? It literally tastes like incense smells. It's pretty rough. It goes down as one of the worst beers I've ever had.

I now have 5 bottles left. :(

I've had magic hat #9 before and do not remember it that well. That tells you it wasn't the best and not the worst I remember thinking it was pretty good.

I can say magic hat makes a couple decent brews. Their "circus boy" which is a hefeweizen is actually very good.

Just my HO and thought I'd let you know to hopefully not turn you off to magic hat entirely. :mug:

Good drinking cheers

Dave

Last one of Green Flash Palate Wrecker,been in the fridge awhile but still DAMN good.
Thinkin about makin a 2.5 gal. Pliny clone then Ranger clone next also. Hopefully have a 3 gallon keg by then also.Shaaweet.:)
Thinkin bout mixin up then rest of my partial bomber of Rogue Choc. Stout and partial Rogue hazelnut brown together,also. Think I recommend 3parts brown to 1part stout after trying this.

Oops! Schlafly Extra Stout. Pretty decent stout that they've got. I think I prefer their oatmeal
stout still.

image-371904202.jpg

The Southern Tier Unearthly IPA. Maybe I'm a bit uncultured, but I like my IPAs bitter, and this just isn't doing it. It's rather two-dimensional, and I'm not digging it as I should. I've had better, but I've had worse. It does have a nice bottle, which I will most certainly be using for future brewing endeavors.

Practicing my off flavors for my BJCP exam by adding $hit to this. Right now I am working on "nutty." And just because I know someone will ask, the only reason I have it around in the first place is because my FIL left it here when he came over for dinner one night.

20130114_220000.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Practicing my off flavors for my BJCP exam by adding $hit to this. Right now I am working on "nutty." And just because I know someone will ask, the only reason I have it around in the first place is because my FIL left it here when he came over for dinner one night.

I can see it now. Michelob's new seasonal Ultra Almond.
And what a horrible way to ruin a good bottle of almond extract. :)

Back