Coir Yarn vs twine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Since so many people are planting this year I thought I'd post a picture of the rope the hop yards use. As you can see, this isn't a simple twine. More like 1/4" rope and rough. It's made from coconut husks and good for several years. Since it's a rope, it won't unravel the way twine will. I first used this two years ago and this year, I only had to replace one of the lines out of eight.

Twine on the left, Coir yarn on the right.

img_1451.jpg

Thanks. There isn't much of a description on the site. How long of a rope do you get for $6? I'm planting at least 6 plants and figure I'll need about 150 feet.

edit: never mind. I found the info. 10 19ft strings in a bundle. That should do me.

Yes, but twine is free to me (and only costs my dad who buy tons of it for making hay a few pennies). :D
If I had to buy rope for this use Coir yarn looks like a good choice but in my case bailing twine is a good solution.
Craig

Back