2010 competition events around NJ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fineexampl

Reaction score
So i've searched over the better part of an hour (and i'll check the base of this thread once posted), but i can't seem to find any decent hombrew competitions in the NJ area. I have a brew going that i have high hopes for and want to prep to enter it.

Anyone have any leads? AHA had no listings and the web turned up only one thing i WOULD enter, but they want you to give up a corny plus a bomber and i'm not prepared to do that.

Any help?? Hopefully in the Monmouth/Ocean/Middlesex areas?:mug:

So i've searched over the better part of an hour (and i'll check the base of this thread once posted), but i can't seem to find any decent hombrew competitions in the NJ area. I have a brew going that i have high hopes for and want to prep to enter it.

Anyone have any leads? AHA had no listings and the web turned up only one thing i WOULD enter, but they want you to give up a corny plus a bomber and i'm not prepared to do that.

Any help?? Hopefully in the Monmouth/Ocean/Middlesex areas?:mug:

If people are actually sending in a corny plus a bomber for a comp I think I should start running my own competition:tank:

I googled this one:
http://www.crickethillbrewery.com/events.htm

If people are actually sending in a corny plus a bomber for a comp I think I should start running my own competition:tank:

I googled this one:
Oh awesome! They're right up the road from me!:ban: I'll even have time to brew another batch or two!:rockin:

Good catch finding that, btw! Even my wife is excited about this one. :)

I googled this one:

Ugh, 4 bottles. I'll have to see how my next three brews turn out, I don't have enough bottles of anything left for that.

Oh, and I'm waiting with baited breath for the Homebrewtalk contest announcement. I've got a handful of bottles saved for it...

Just an FYI as i'm dropping off my entries this weekend, but the Cricket Hill deadline is Monday 6pm. They put the comp info back on the site (it was down for a while). I'm stopping in on Saturday...hopefully. The site doesn't exactly post hours. I'll call tomorrow for more info. I know they do stuff on Friday evenings, so hopefully i can find a person to ask when i call.

Did anyone else get entries in for Cricket Hill's comp? I managed to meet the owner Sat. morning by sheer luck. They don't have any weekend hours since there's nobody there. I didn't realize how small an operation they really are. The owner was a really nice guy though. I dropped off my Black IPA (Cat. 23) and my wheat (Cat. 16E).

If you still want to enter, i'd call first thing Monday morning and try and get in last minute.

There are really no good comps in NJ which is why the WHALES club recognizes most of the Eastern PA comps instead.

1. War of the Worts (EPHY and Keystone Cup) - February

2. AHA National Homebrew Competition – April (1st and 2nd rounds separate)

3. Buzz Off (EPHY) - June

4. Malt Madness (EPHY and Keystone Cup) Late August

5. Valhalla - The Meading of Life (mead only) – October

6. Stony Creek (EPHY) – November

was a winner announced?
The winner will be announced this Friday night at their Friday night tour. I will be there. I have two entries. I can't wait for my scorecard, assuming they give them.

If anyone else entered and wants to say hi, i'm the dorky pale guy with the beard.

There are really no good comps in NJ which is why the WHALES club recognizes most of the Eastern PA comps instead.

1. War of the Worts (EPHY and Keystone Cup) - February

2. AHA National Homebrew Competition – April (1st and 2nd rounds separate)

3. Buzz Off (EPHY) - June

4. Malt Madness (EPHY and Keystone Cup) Late August

5. Valhalla - The Meading of Life (mead only) – October

6. Stony Creek (EPHY) – November
I have been meaning to try and join WHALES. I keep missing the meetings.:( I have no brewing pals.

I will be entering more comps.

The meeting is on 12/21 this month, come on down and check it out. We've lost a few members recently so there are a few more spots open starting in 2011. Who knows how fast it will fill up though.

The meeting is on 12/21 this month, come on down and check it out. We've lost a few members recently so there are a few more spots open starting in 2011. Who knows how fast it will fill up though.

I wish I had time. That's the night of the winter solstice too, a busy night for us pagans ;)

I'll be there. I'll bring a bottle or two perhaps? Not sure if you have a setup with JJ's or not. I'm 10min away, so it's very convenient.

Latest posts

Back