First Batch in Bottles - High Hopes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pejepscot

Reaction score
This post is best classified as one of those "I just had to tell SOMEONE who understands" :) kind of posts...

I bottled my first batch of home brew (an Amber Ale, utilizing LME and steeping grains) last night. I have got to say that my basement has NEVER smelled that good before! I ended up with 52 twelve ounce bottles that I moved upstairs to the warmth - but warmth is a relative term when it is -22F outside (-30C). My bottles are sitting at 65-68F which should be OK. I will start my next batch, a Northern Brewers Irish Red on Sunday and start filling the pipeline.

I have read the posts on this site voraciously and I want to thank everyone for your patience with us newcomers to brewing. The info, advice, and encouragement found here is greatly appreciated and tremendously helpful.

I am looking forward to raising a toast t you all in about three weeks!

:mug:
Cheers!

Pejepscot

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And good going on brewing again quickly...That means if you let this beer sit in promary or secondary, you can be drinking your FIRST beer while bottling THIS one...

(Just remember to add your priming sugar to the batch....Not that I've ever done anything like that or anything else brewing/bottling while drinking...like forgetting to pitch yeast or something.:eek:)

:mug:

52 little babies - you must be a proud papa!

Congrats on the brew. You'll be real happy once you get that pipeline full.

Congrats. I've had my first brew in the bottle conditioning for almost 2 weeks now. 1 week to go!! I already bought another kit (Hefe Oat) and I think I will do that one tonight.

Congrats! My first brew has been in bottles since Monday, and I'm dying to open my first one up ASAP!

I also am thinking about trying the Irish Ale kit from Northern Brewer next! I hope it's good :)

Back